𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖆 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖛𝖎𝖛𝖊

"You know, Wednesday, when I said 'whatever helps you sleep at night' this is not exactly what I had in mind

"You know, Wednesday, when I said 'whatever helps you sleep at night' this is not exactly what I had in mind." Persephone hisses, the old wooden stairs creaking under her boots.

"All right, you two go left, I go right." Wednesday orders, stopping at the top of the stairs to face the two girls.

"You seriously want to split up? In here?" Enid asks, horrified at even the mere suggestion of separating. "That is literally how every best friend dies in a horror movie."

"Haven't you ever heard of safety in numbers?" Persephone adds, already terrified enough without Hades with her. "I used to watch Scooby-Doo as a kid and this is always how disaster strikes."

"The faster we search, the sooner you can leave." Wednesday retorts before turning on her heel and striding off confidently. Enid mutters fearfully and whines while turning to face Persephone. The two grip onto each other as they take hesitant steps down the corridor.

"Why are we even here?" Enid's voice trembles as they slowly sneak down the hall. Persephone's torch dances wildly as every shadow seems to be moving.

"Because we're good roommates celebrating our friend's birthday." Persephone answers, trying to convince herself as well as Enid.

"I know what my mom would say. 'Enid, you're a doormat'." Enid whispers harshly, almost crushing Persephone's hand as she tenses. "'You're too needy. Show some teeth. Nobody likes a desperate little furball'. Shut up, Mom. Get out of my head!" Persephone stares at Enid, wondering whether the werewolf is going through a mental breakdown in this creepy house.

"Have I ever told you how much I dislike your mother?" Persephone asks as the pair comes to a stop.

"No, I don't think you've brought it up recently." Enid responds as they both inhale a shaky breath and swivel to face the open door to their right. "Umm... Age before beauty?" Enid suggests, trying to lighten the mood.

"Don't be a scaredy-wolf." Persephone jokes back weakly, dragging Enid by the arm to make her feet move.

"Wednesday, you need to see this." Enid calls out into the darkness. Rapid footsteps beat against the floorboards before Wednesday comes barreling into the room. Enid and Persephone have let go of one another to spread out and search the room. "The bed's made."

"No dust or cobwebs..." Persephone adds on, feeling very uneasy. Wednesday approaches a vase of roses sitting in a vase on the bedside table as Persephone finds a delicate music box. "LG?" The trio kneel beside the box, shining their flashlights on the swirling initials.

"Laurel Gates." Wednesday observes, sending shivers down Persephone's spine as she finds herself standing in a piece of Jericho history.

"Looks like somebody moved back into their old room." Enid comments while looking around the rest of the room.