𝖎𝖎. 𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖘, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖐𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘

"Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us

"Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us. Outcasts, freaks, monsters, fill in your favourite marginalised group here." Tour guide Enid informs Wednesday as they walk through the school. Persephone has no doubt that Enid would be happy to continue playing tour guide if Wednesday hadn't decided to interrupt. To be honest, she was grateful for the interruption.

"You can save the sanitised sales pitch." The trio comes to a stop in the corridor. "I don't plan on staying here for long."

"Why not?" Persephone asks, tilting her head to one side as her eyebrows scrunch slightly.

"This was my parents' idea." She looks to the right and spots a photo of past school alumni. "Oh look, there's my mother smirking at me. They've been looking for any excuse to send me here. It's all a part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan."

Enid bounces on the balls of her feet. "What plan?"

"To turn me and my brother into versions of themselves."

"Well in that case, perhaps you can clear something up." They continue their walk through the school as Enid continues, "Rumour's been swirling around that you and your brother killed a kid at your old school, and your parents pulled strings to get you both off."

"Actually it was two kids, but who's counting?" Comes the monotonous reply. Enid's eyes grow wide as Wednesday walks on like she hadn't just confessed to a double murder.

"She's kidding..." Persephone attempts to comfort the blonde, placing her arm round the girl's shoulder. "... I think." Needless to say, that does not make Enid feel any better.

The doors to the courtyard open to reveal an array of school children, each with their own quirks, socialising together. In the centre is a leafless tree with a twisted trunk and spindly branches, encircled by a shallow pool of water.

"Welcome to the Quad." Enid announces, spreading her arms out proudly before folding them behind her back.

"It's a pentagon." Wednesday points out.

"The whole snarky goth girl thing might have worked at normie school, but here things are different." The wind blows through Enid's short coloured hair as Persephone sends her a confused glance.

"I don't think it's an act." She whispers. Enid shrugs before continuing with her tour guide duties.

"Let me give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene."

"I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés."

"Well, then use it fill your obviously bottomless pit of disdain." Persephone retorts, laughing quietly to herself. Enid smirks at her friend's remark before dishing out her gossip.

"There are many flavours of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners and Scales." They pass a table surrounded by girls wearing sunglasses and drinking from bottles with straws. Enid points them out, "Those are the Fangs, AKA vampires."