Chapter Thirty-One

Looking in the mirror I turn my head side-to-side, trying to make sure that the wig is looking better than what Patience had done yesterday. I'm also not no Arrogant Tae but I'm quite satisfied with my results for this to be my first wig, I had watched almost a dozen YouTube videos before I had even touch the wig. I had thought that putting a wig on is easy and all but it's very time consuming, not as time consuming as doing box braids or styling my own natural hair but nonetheless, still time consuming.

Dressed in a green sweatsuit that has the words "You Matter University" written on the sweatshirt, I had green and white sneakers on to match. It was something casual, I didn't see why I had to dress up for a bunch of older people who I don't even know so I went for the cute casual look.

"Okay, I'm ready." I announce as I walk into the family room, I plop down onto the couch with a deep sigh. "Who are we waiting for now?"

Spencer looks at me and chuckles. "Still you."

"What do you mean?" I question.

"Mom made me change five times and let's just say, the first outfit I had on was a sweatsuit as well." Spencer says before he goes back on his phone. "It's better if you just go change before she comes back out here and tell you to change."

I frown. "But there's nothing wrong with my outfit. It's cute causal."

"Okay." Spencer says with a smile as he shakes his head. "You'll see."

I'm sure that he's just joking around because Mom has never cared about what we wear, well, aside from her always trying to get me in a skirt, dress, and heels. I stare at Spencer from the corner of my eye, I'm still very upset that Spencer used Coop to spy on me — it was probably his idea for her to ask for my help with her song in the first place. I've just decided to speak on it because I'm sure Coop told Spencer about the outcome of that situation and I really don't want to go thorough a screaming match with him.

I don't know who's worst between him and Olivia, I could only imagine the theories they got about my mental health. I know that because I'm not around Spencer 24/7 anymore he definitely thinks something, and I know that Olivia thinks something wrong because I don't want her to know my every thought. They make being with Layla seem way more fun than what it actually is.

"Are y'all ready?" Mom questions, her voice and footsteps getting closer.

"Yes." I rise off the couch. "We were waiting for you."

"Oh." Mom says when she sees me. "Is that what you're wearing?"

"Told ya." Spencer says.

"What's wrong with my outfit?" I question.

"Nothing. I just mean, as much as I'm loving the You Matter University outfit, such a positive message, cute outfit. But can you at least wear something a little cuter, a little more girly. I just want all my old high school friends to see the two my beautiful twins well dressed."

I walk pass her, heading back into my room. "So, we're just arm candy for you then, huh? I'll try something to suit your liking."

Seems like I do have to get dress up for a bunch of older people I don't know, even though I'd told Jordan that I would have worn a dress or a skirt to our parents high school reunion if he were to come. But I really had absolutely no plans on doing that because I knew he couldn't come because he was grounded, and there was no way he was going to break his punishment to be with his father who he's currently mad at. I knew he wasn't going to come and I only told Patience that he was to shut her up about Darnell; I do want him to come not just to be with me but I also want him to get on good terms with his dad again.