7. Running into walls

Start from the beginning

I sit there for a little while, sipping my bitter bean juice, when I hear the door open behind me.

"Mornin' bad." Skeppy yawns and cracks his knuckles, sitting beside me.

"Hi skeppy" I feel much more energetic thanks to his mere presence. It's weird to think just a week ago I thought I was straight, now here I am, letting myself do backflips over a guy.

I feel a little guilty, even. What right do I have crushing on my best friend? I won't be able to ignore that question forever, but for now I gladly do so.

"Soooo.. what do you wanna do today?" I ask, turning in his direction.

He meets my gaze, making a small 'hmm' noise.

His face lights up as he smiles. "Ooh I know! When we were driving to the theater the other day, I saw a roller rink! We should go roller skating!"

"Roller rink? We have one here?"

"It's attached to a bowling alley and pizzeria."

Oh, that place on 14th street.

"Uh.. I can't skate.."

"I'll teach you!"

Oh no. That's a recipe for a gay panic attack. Skeppy holding my hands or placing his on my waist in order to keep me upright will make my brain malfunction. I've seen enough romcoms to know how this works!

"I'm not sure skeppy.."

"Come on bad, pleaseee?"

He sounds weirdly genuine in his plea. Usually, he pulls this overly fake tone to get what he wants but right now I can tell this is something he legitimately wants to do.

And the look in his eyes. I can't say no to him. God bad, grow a spine!

I just sigh and agree. He runs into the house to make a reservation, squealing with glee.

".. I'm done for."

—————————————————
2 pm.

We just finished getting ready. Me and skeppy spent the first half of the day relaxing on the couch, and about an hour and a half ago I made us a quick lunch.

I unlock the door, and skeppy runs to the car giggling in excitement.

He's so cute..

I just laugh and walk to the driver's seat, and start the car.

"Are you ready bad?!"

"Yes skeppy, I'm ready to fall on my butt over and over."

He laughs at my response. "You won't fall! I'll catch you!"

Catch.. me?

The thought of it sends my stomach for a whirl, like someone threw it in a dryer. I don't know what to say, so I just laugh it off.

The drive is fairly short. We get there in no less than 6 minutes, and when we walk in we're right on time for our reservation.

The lady at the front desk takes our payment and points us to another counter to rent our skates. We walk over and talk to the kid running it. They took our shoes and put them in cubbies, scribbling our names on sticky notes and sticking it inside.

"Alright! What are your shoe sizes?"

Skeppy quickly answers. "Mens 7!"