Flashlight

Hey loves , here's the first POV of my favourite character Harry .

Funny how dark our world is isn't it ? We search for light without realising the kind of light we need .

We search through tunnels , experience heartaches , and swim through seas and storms for that one light .

What we don't know is that the flashlight is right in front of us to get us through the night .

__________________________________________

Spring 2014 ,

My head is pounding due to the excessive intake of alcohol , my vision distorted and the smell of sweat mixed with cologne engulfed my senses .

It felt as though the air was being evaporated from my lungs , I placed my hand onto my chest to calm my nerves .

Every second felt like hours suffocating in this dark hell - hole . I knew it was a mistake coming here but I had to .. I had to !

I couldn't believe my own eyes when I saw it , my mum sticking her tongue down another man 's throat . Who the fuck does that ?

My legs finally found their way out . Beads of sweat that rested on my forehead was now being evaporated as the cool breeze hit my skin .

My hands scurried to find the packet some asshole gave me . Finally my coke ! I sat outside and started sniffing the white powder .

"You know that's bad for your health . "

My brain couldn't even tell the difference between reality and fantasy as I heard a voice but decided to ignore it .

"You're gonna get the cops crawling here in a jiffy . "

Stupid voice , wait that sounded so feminine , hold on ! I'm high and probably hallucinating at a voice . I decided to sniff the powder once more .

" I'm talking to you , get rid of it now !. "

My head turned to the sound of that . I am met with blue eyes a colour that represents the entire ocean , a hope to mankind like me , the voice of an angel that would cure my sickness and the destruction to my sanity and heart .

"What's it to you , go and bother someone else . I don't have time for your crap . "

She huffed in anoyance . I took in her appearance and I knew she went through a rough night , her hair disheveled , mascara stained eyes but a smile that showed no flaw .

She walked and sat right beside me . "Wanna talk about it stranger with a wig ? . " and she laughed which made me laugh too .

"No ! ." I say too loudly " fine , you didn't have to get super jumpy . I was just asking , um so .. can I try some of that . "

My brain couldn't function the fact she told me not to inhale it then interrogate my life and now wanting to take coke . " are you really this indecisive ? You told me not to take it saying it's bad for health and now you wanna be part of it ?."

"Oh stop being so pissy boy ! I was just kidding ." Now it was my turn to interrogate her " what's with your hobo look ? . " she laughed at my choice of words I guess ? "Caleb , he cheated on me . It's a funny story , it really is . "

Oh my gosh , here we go ..... I just indirectly asked her a question that would take an hour to explain . I groaned at the headache I'm starting to experience . Bloody hell .

"Hey , let's get you home . Trust me on this ! It's only gonna get worst . "I put my right arm around her shoulder and wrapped her left arm around my waist to balance me .

She hailed a cab for me and got in with me . I gave her a confused look " it's okay you're just gonna crash at my place , no biggie . "

We soon arrived at her apartment . It wasn't anything huge but it isn't small too . She led me to her bedroom and took my shoes off .

I fell on the bed and it felt good , vanilla scent engulfing my nostrils and I hear shuffling noises around the bedroom . It felt stuffy in here so I took off my shirt . I fell someone tugging my pants but I was too tired to care .

"Goodnight stranger . " my body tensed at the feel of a sloppy kiss on my forehead and I fall into a deep sleep .

I woke up to the feeling of bile threatening it's way out of my mouth . My eyes darted to a glass of water and advil beside the bed .

Finally the cold water hitting my throat felt like heaven . I looked around and found a note .

If you're reading this , ur awake
Anyways if you feel alright , leave the key under the mat and make ur way out . Xoxo

I scanned the living room and found lots of tissue stained paper fill with mascara . She did cry herself to sleep .

The feeling of sympathy gushes through my senses . Should I wait for her or should I be a stranger and leave .

The banging of the door becomes louder . I wonder who is it as i opened the door .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surprise surprise . Bet yall are waiting for me to introduce the girl but I won't .

I feel so mean sorry but not sorry .

Vote for One direction to win the teen choice awards .

Please do drop by to read and add this book to your reading list . Do ★ it up and comment .

Xoxo babes

Love : Aj♥