8. Misunderstanding

Ananya's POV

The door opened and I saw Shubman with sleepy eyes. He was surprised to  see me there.

"Ani! You here?" He asked.
"It's Miss. Sharma for you Mr. Shubman Gill."

"Hey what happened? Come in." He said and held my hand gently. He pulled me in and closed the door. I jerked his hand away.

"Don't you dare to touch me!" I said.

"Ananya, what happened? Tell me." He tried to hold my shoulders but I stepped back.

"Where were you? There outside, my life has turned into mess and you are sleeping here like a log!" I shouted.

"Ananya, why are you shouting? And yesterday night I came from Panjab hence, I was sleeping. What happened please tell me!" He said.

"Oh wow don't act like you don't know anything Shubman." I said dangerously. "I seriously don't know what happened!" He said slightly irritatingly.

"Ok then why don't you check you social media or news!" I said.

He frowned and walked towards TV. He switched on TV and shuffle the channels till it landed on a news channel.

News reporter was still giving news about me.

"What the hell is this?" He said loudly.
"Don't act now!" I said.

Suddenly he turned and ran upstairs. He came back with his phone. He checked his accounts and looked towards me with wide eyes.

"I don't know what is this! I.... I really don't know. I swear.... I.." He started.

"Just stop right there Mr. Gill. First tell me who the hell is this Shanaya and why did she posted that video." I asked him.

"I seriously don't know... I......... wait let me watch the video first." He said and started the video from Shanaya's account.

(A/N:- conversations in video is in [] bracket)

[There was standing Shubman and other cricketers in the dressing room of some stadium. Suddenly Ishan asked Shubman.

Ishan:- Dude! That day I came in your room and you were talking to that girl! Who is she?

He asked wiggling his eyebrows.

Shubman:- No one!

Chahal:- Oh come tell us Shub. We should know about her.

Shubman:- I told you no one.

Virat:- Bata de bhai!

Rohit:- Ha ab toh bata hi de!

Everyone started nudging him to tell them about me.

Shubman:- ok ok ruko! Batata hoon. Her name is Ananya and she is my.....

He trailed.

Ishan:- wait is she your girlfriend?

Shubman:- umm not yet.

Rishabh:- oho bhabhi mil gayi.