iSpeedDate

Walking into the main area at school one day, Carly heard an announcement on the intercom.

"Attention," the voice said. "All students attending the Girls' Choice Dance must submit their medical records to Nurse Bogart." Keeping her eye on one boy, Carly pulled a tube of lip gloss out of her pocket and got to work on applying the product to her lips. As soon as the announcement was done, Carly walked up to the boy with a smile.

"Hey, Nate," she greeted, causing Nate to turn and face her.

"Oh, hi," he greeted with a smile of his own.

"So, you know, the Girls' Choice Dance." She then gestured to a poster behind him.

"Right."

"You... wanna go with me, possibly?" However, right on the last word, much to her shock, Carly accidentally spit in his eye.

"Ah..."

"Did I just spit in your eye?"

"It's cool," Nate said, trying to make it sound like it was okay.

"No, it's not cool," Carly said. "I spit in your eye."

"No worries. But anyway, sorry, Rebecca Berkowitz already asked me to the dance."

"Oh. I hear she's a lotta fun."

"Yeah."

"Yeah. Well, enjoy her." Smiling, Carly walked away. True, she did want to go to the dance with Nate, but she also wanted to go with Tommy, but Kat, a girl who had transferred from England and no one had a clue what she said, had already asked him, and he said he would go with her.

"Did you ask him?" Sam asked as she closed her door, knowing immediately that Carly wanted to ask Nate since Tommy was already taken.

"Yes," Carly answered half-heartedly as she opened her locker.

"And?"

"No."

"Why'd he say no?"

"Well, he claims it's 'cause he already has a date, but it might be 'cause I hocked a loogie right in his eye."

"You... why would you even - -"

"I don't know. It just flew off my lip."

"Well, since Tommy's already got a date, who ya gonna ask now?"

"No one. There's no other guys in this school I wanna go out with." At that moment, Freddie walked up to the two girls.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Hey," Carly greeted back.

"And speakin' of guys Carly doesn't wanna go out with..." Sam said, finding her window of opportunity to insult Freddie, "ladies and gentlemen, Fredamame Benson." Rolling his eyes, Freddie pulled a baggie filled with a certain breakfast meat from his pocket and waved it around.

"Girls who are rude to me don't get a bag of bacon," Freddie said simply.

"Whoa, Freddie," Sam said, keeping her eyes on the meat, "I never realized what a hot, handsome hunk of boy you really are." Fast as lightning, the blonde plucked the meat from Freddie's grip.

"Better," the tech-whiz said with a smile. "So what's up?"

"Carly spit in Nate's eye so he doesn't wanna go to the dance with her," Sam answered.

"Huh?"

"He turned me down 'cause he already has a date," Carly corrected.

"So you didn't spit in his eye?" Freddie asked.