𝐭 𝐫 𝐨 𝐢 𝐬.

Start from the beginning

  "But honestly," Allison began, "What are we doing? 'Cause we can't keep standing here, bleeding out in this park."
  "I don't know, but we better gear up fast, before they come for round two, alright?"
  "What makes you think they're gonna come after us?" Vanya asked Diego, his reply being immediate.
  "Because I would."

  "Yeah, I mean, we did break into their house-"
  "Our house." Allison corrected, interrupting Klaus.
  "-bust up all their nice antiques and shit."
  "Yeah," Luther agreed, "I don't think the crime-fighting...super nerds are gonna let that go."
  "Let's just think of some place off the radar where we can lie low and not draw attention." Five suggested, placing his hands on his hips.
  "What sort of a weird-ass place are we not gonna draw attention?"

  The group looked over at Klaus, who was spinning around in circles, his head in the clouds. I followed their gaze to the man, my eyebrows furrowing slightly. They all seemed to think he knew a place. I pretended I thought the same.

  He looked around, his eyes scanning our faces, presumably thinking of somewhere for us to go. His eyes brightened slightly, an idea forming in his head.
  "I know the perfect place!"

𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏

  At first glance, it didn't look much like a hotel. Only the sign reading 'The Hotel Obsidian', written in a gold font, gave it away. It was a large building though, with intricate detailing around the windows, and two revolving doors at the entrance.

  "Oh, okay. Honestly?" Allison huffed, as we all pushed through the door. It was clear we couldn't all fit through one, but it seemed to be due to Luther. I regreted not entering through the other door. The Hargreeves argued as I stood behind them, unsure of what to do. Up until this point, I'd been blindly following Five everywhere. I wasn't prepared for that to change.

  Eventually we all got through, revealing the main lobby of the hotel. Across it, were huge pillars with blue lights patterning them, and from the ceiling, hung multiple chandelier, which casted the area into a bright, yet warm light. To call it fancy would be an understatement.

  "Oh, Hotel Obsidian," Klaus sighed, a wide grin plastered across his lips, "I missed you, you slutty old dame." He walked forwards, spreading his arms as if for a hug.
  "Absorb her. Absorb her into your bosom." What... "You know, 'cause back in her heyday, she played host to world leaders. Roosevelt, Gandhi, Stalin, Gorbachev, Castro, King Olaf of Norway, one of the Kim Jongs, Tito, Dalai Lama, Elvis, and not one, but two Kardashians, allegedly." I don't know who most of the people are-
  "Wouldn't that-" Klaus began, before getting interrupted by Allison walking away, "Where are you going?"
  "I gotta make a call." She answered, not even sparing a glance backwards.

  As Klaus continued on about the hotel, I tuned his words out, doing as he'd previously said and 'absorbing her'. It was a pretty hotel, but the pit in my stomach seemed to grow, the longer we stood here. Or maybe it was just that I hadn't eaten for almost two days.

  My thoughts were sidetracked, as Klaus, Luther and Diego began to leave towards the counter. Vanya, Five and I remained in the same spot for a minute, before Vanya hesitantly followed. Five noticed my reluctance to move, strolling towards me, his hands shoved in his pockets.

  "Everything okay?" He asked, his voice low enough for only the two of us to hear. I nodded in response, following after the rest before Five grabbed my wrist.
  "Listen, whatever's going on, we'll find a way to fix it. We always do," He smiled reassuringly, though the pit in my stomach didn't disappear. I wasn't so sure about the truth that the last sentence held.