I. Many Talents Are No Skills - v1.1

» Das Talent gleicht dem Schützen, der ein Ziel trifft, welches die Uebrigen nicht erreichen können; das Genie dem, der eines trifft, bis zu welchem sie nicht ein Mal zu sehn vermögen...«

"Talent is like the marksman who hits a target which the rest cannot reach; genius is the one who hits something that they cannot even see..."

― Arthur Schopenhauer; Vol. II, Ch. III, para. 31 (On Genius), 1844

━━━━━━━━━━━🅳🅴🅲🅴🅸🆃━━━━━━━━━━━

1.1 BEHIND CLOSED DOORS: THE SOLILOQUY OF SAE CHABASHIRA

"..."

For the past hour, my eyes had been drawn to the entrance exam papers. Apparently, these shouldn't have been necessary, given the interviews and rigorous selection procedures that are used to filter out the candidates recommended for the school. However, despite with all this clamour, we as the teachers were still compelled to check these students' marks for the sake of mere formalities - they had no absolute idea that they already were accepted prior to the entrance exam, much less what had been done behind the curtains.

 However, despite with all this clamour, we as the teachers were still compelled to check these students' marks for the sake of mere formalities - they had no absolute idea that they already were accepted prior to the entrance exam, much less what...

As a student, getting into Advanced Nurturing High School was no joking matter. In fact, it wasn't at all. To get in, there had to be a special recommendation for those whom were gifted but lacked aspects necessary to support them. Therefore, whether it was something in their past or something that was already present and could affect their future, students who entered this school certainly were problematic. And as long as they were defects, but willing to be nurtured, the school would receive them with warm open arms. After all, it was the purpose of this state-funded school, to nurture these potentials who would eventually be beneficial to the society.

"Ayanokouji, huh?"

I had suddenly muttered while looking at the exam results of the said student. Based on the evaluation that I had done, he had performed superbly well on this exam, or one could say, too execption. Not only had he excelled in some of the most difficult questions that a first-year student shouldn't have been expected to answer, but he had apparently taken the exam frivolously, bypassing the problems that had been designed to test the student's fundamental knowledge. This appeared to illustrate his apparent lack of common sense. Hence then, subsequently, my eyes were fixated upon the scores...

"50, 50, 50, 50..."

This madness then had to be continued until I eventually reached the last paper, where the same exact mark had been written.

"Yet another 50 mark for him. Ayanokouji, what are you?"

1.2 - SKILLS AND TALENTS FABRICATED OUT OF LIES: WHO AND WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF