25. ●I fell for you●

●•●•●

His eyes traveled to her. She was sitting on the concrete small wall near the corner of the college garden.

His mind went at peace when he had a glimpse of her, his lips curved into a smile but soon that smile get changed into worry as he watched her wiping her cheek in annoyance and looking pale.

His heart clutched and his expression when on to "kill-the-one-who-made-her-cry".

His feet immediately went towards her leaving hard dumbfounded as he watched his friend leave his talks unfinished.

Rishika noticed someone's shadow hovering over her, she wiped her lone tear again and her face jerked toward the person's face.

Once she saw Darshan she passed him a pale smile but her face worried when she saw his expression.

"What's wrong?" She questioned him.

"That shouldn't be in my way. I should have asked you this Rishika. What the heck happened now?" His tone came out quite harshly.

"What's- What happened with me? Nothing." She looked at him.

His eyes softened when his eyes pierced through her eyes and saw them all red.

"Rishika" He whispered and settled beside her before taking her left hand in his.

Intertwining them together. Caressing them.

"Let me know. Please."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong with me, darshan. I am all okay." She immediately replied but he doesn't seem convinced.

He gently laid his fingers on her cheeks and caressed them before moving toward her eyes, she closed her eyes melting at his touch.

"Look like your eyes won't lie to me, my strong woman." She opened her eyes when she felt that his warmth was no more can be sensed.

His eyes were pleading to let him know the reason behind those tears.

Her tears were never given that importance. There was one, not even a single person for her to whom she can lend. She doesn't even have a single name to have assurance.

And now she felt that.

And with this, her patience broke down and she felt fresh tears gathering in the bottom of her eyes. With these teary eyes, she looked at him. A sob left her throat as she stared at their intertwined fingers.
She leans her head against his shoulders and lets her tears roll out.

"I am scared, darshan." She finally spoke and let out a loud sob.

His hold on their hand tighten as he wrapped his arm around her. Assuring that he is there for her.

Always.

"of what, my strong woman?"

She shouldn't have just focused on "my strong woman" which unknowingly she isn't as he mentioned her but she felt secure. Secure and confident enough to let things out.

"I am scared of falling as I shouldn't."

"I a...m— I am trie..d of pretending that I ain't falling and will never but it hurts now. It hurts to feel this way. What if I won't be able to fulfill the promises? What if one-day bhai told me that he feels like I am just a bad omen for them? What if I didn't do everything correctly? What if bhai decided to leave me? I wo..uld fall apart, darshan. I will fall apart. There won't be anyone more to be there for me except him."

"I wouldn't be able to collect my pieces if I ever think about something that happens like this. I had seen a lot of things in my life."

"A lot. And yesterday's Nightmare was nothing but a sign of things that may happen like this. I won't—"

She gulped and tried to free her hand from his grip. He let her do whatever she wants. Tho, he didn't feel good but the next movement of her made him snap at her in shock.

She wrapped her hand around his arm tightly indirectly making him realize "that she won't let him go" while her head was already against her shoulder; this time she intertwined their hands together.

"I won't survive then—"

"Stop talking nonsense, Rishika." Her body stiffens at his stern voice warning her.

"Just stop, if I am letting you talk whatever you want don't emphasize that you would talk shit like this."

"I wouldn't tolerate that." She immediately looked at him, his head snapped toward her direction.

This look!

This look of his was a complete warning to her.

"No matter what happens. But nobody should even think like the last line you were about to say. I know-"

He was gentle.

"I am aware of whatever you had been through. But that doesn't go on whole life. You have whole life left like this, Rishika. Failures are nothing but just the beginning of your learning. That doesn't mean the end of life. And you haven't seen failure in life, huh? We all have. You, me, Your brother everyone around us? Then why be scared of them?"

Just fight with them and don't let their fear get over you. Okay?" He rubbed her shoulders to provide her warmth and support. She took all the radiant Positivity and thoughtfully passed him a smile.

"And if we talk about your brother believing you as a bad omen then there isn't anything like that understand? He loves you and he won't. He can't even think about all this at all. He is a grown-up & sensible man, Rishika. As much as I had heard about him; He couldn't ever. Understood?" He pointed his index finger at her forehead and she giggled.

"And remember, You are the strongest person?" He made her remember the most important thing.

She nodded her head and kept staring at him.

"Where were you before when I was in worst?" She barely whispered.

"If you would have been there then I guess I would have been able to agree on that "Strong Woman" part."

He smiled and cupped her cheeks "I was there in college for you, but you were aware of that. Haa, baki ghar ke liye toh main nahi tha but yahi tha mai tumhare aas pass."

"But now, I am here for this Strong Person to make her more strong. Ab hun mai yahi tumhare aage peeche." He slightly brushed his nose with hers and stepped back.

He stood up and walked away before taking a glimpse of her and winking at her.

"You are my strongest woman."

He let her know again before vanishing away somewhere in the corridors.

"I am?"

She looked at his retreating figure which vanished away like dark cloudy weather leaving the path of sunny-shining weather.

●•●•●

A/N: Just wrote it down, I will post chapters frequently from this month.
Thank you for waiting for me.

I am fine now, Don't worry about me. I am healing. And Had decided to start writing again.

I am coming up with my New Book "Stuck with Three Best friends" which is a general friction. I hope, you all will give love to my that book too.