Wrong Boy Who Time Traveled

Ron burst into the safe house screaming," They captured Seamus! He's the secret keeper for this location! Everyone evacuate!"

Harry, Hermione, and Neville's heads jerk up to stare at each other for a stunned second. Seamus Finnegan was the secret keeper for this particular location in northern Britain. No one person was a secret keeper or knew about all the locations.

Then their wands whipped out as they started moving all their battle plans into cases. "You two take care of this room, I'll start making sure everyone gets out within the next few minutes." Hermione turned and ran out along the second-floor hallway flinging open doors and screaming before running to the next. "Get out! Get out! Evacuate to backup locations! They're coming!"

She hit the stairs and started running down almost crashing into Ron, who grabbed her. "Hermione! It was like they knew we would be there! Someone– someone had to have told– someone we don't know—"

Cracks of apparitions sounded outside and Ron's voice cut off. Then a familiar scream cut through the air, and Ron paled. "Hermione— it's — that's Ginny!"

Ron turned and started down the stairs. "Ron no wait! Wait!" Hermione screamed trying to catch his cloak, but he pulled away from her darting out the door. The spells came at him almost immediately and he collapsed back onto her, his blue eyes staring upwards blankly.

Hermione couldn't think, as if her brain suddenly stopped working and she went into autopilot grabbing at Ron's shoulders and dragging him backward as spells shot by her. A wave of her wand shut and barred the door and she paused, a shaking hand reaching out to close his eyes.

Then she resolutely stood up and ran back up the stairs. She burst into the room and wobbled, all their plans stacked in the middle. Harry didn't pause as he glanced over at her. "Is everyone out? We got to go."

"I — I think so." Her lips felt numb as she answered him.

Harry paused looking at her and came quickly over to grasp her shoulders. "What is it? What happened?"

"They—" She choked off and shook her head. "I can't after – let's go."

Harry wanted to press her but they needed to leave before enough death eaters arrived to cast an anti-apparition ward around the property. "Fine, grab some bags let's go."

Neville grabbed as many as he could, loaded under his arms, and tried to apparate. Nothing happened. He tried again and looked at Harry and Hermione. "We took too long."

Harry reached for Hermione's hand and closed his eyes trying desperately to apparate out. Nothing. Fuck. He peered out the corner of the window. "Fucking hell, how long did Ron take to get to us? Did he leave before the ward went up, Hermione? There must be at least a hundred out there already."

"Harry," Hermione whispered staring at him. "They have Ginny out there. She was screaming and Ron —" Her voice choked off.

Harry looked away from her and back out towards the window. "Bloody fucking idiot."

Neville set the bags down carefully. "What do we do now?"

"This is the end. We die. We fucking lost." Harry's hand was clenched around his wand as he said it, still staring out at the crowd of death eaters.

Voldemort's sibilant laughter echoed through the house. "You little rats led us on a merry chase! But now we've found your little hole! Come out, come out and play!"

"Harry," Hermione spoke quietly and he finally turned away from the window to come close to her, his hand cupping her cheek.

"I'm sorry." He touched his forehead to hers, whispering to her. "I'm sorry for everything, Hermione. If I could do it over again–"