1.1 тнe dragon'ѕ call

Start from the beginning

"Oh, but you two were so cute when you were little," Lorna gushed. "You two were playmates, I'm sure those memories are worth something,"

Rose's face dropped, the girl having different memories than her parents, "He would pull on my braids and throw mud on all of my favorite dresses. He was rude and arrogant and I hardly doubt he has grown out of it,"

"You haven't seen one another in thirteen years,"

The king let out a sigh. The man felt bad for his daughter, he wanted her to find love, but he arranged this with Uther to protect his daughter from a much greater evil. Being in Camelot would keep Rose safe. "I've kept in contact with Uther over the years, he's been a good friend and a needed ally for us. Arthur has grown into a fine young man and he will be a suitable king for Camelot and Scotland,"

Rose shook her head in disbelief, she looked to her mother with pleading eyes as a last resort to change their minds. "Mother, please,"

"Your carriage leaves tonight. Elspeth is packing your things as we speak—" Her mother sighed.

"Tonight! So, what? You were just going to ship me off without giving me any notice?"

"We do admit that it is quite sudden, but Rose you are nineteen years old, most royals have a child by now. We've put this off for far too long,"

Rose pushed her chair back quickly in a fit of rage before storming out of the dining hall as her parents called out to her. She was fuming. How could they do this to her? Rose had heard stories about her betrothed. How he was still as arrogant as she remembered and had a god complex. Let alone the stories about his father and how he felt about magic.

The brunette knew of the growing conflict towards the subject of magic, but she didn't see the big deal about it. Her parents had made Scotland a safe place for people born of magic and they never took it for granted. She believed that people shouldn't be executed because they were born with a gift that they had no control over.

Once Rose reached her room she dismissed the guard placed outside of it. The sight in front of her made her heart drop, with half of her wardrobe already placed inside trunks. "You knew and you didn't tell me?"

"I was told after you left for breakfast,"

"Why are they doing this to me?" Rose sat down on the couch placed in front of her fireplace. Her heading resting in her hands.

The blonde sat next to her friend, grabbing her hand in a way of comfort. "We both knew that this was going to happen at some point, it was just a matter of when,"

"What am I going to do, Elspeth? Arthur Pendragon is a pompous ass, and I am to be his wife,"

The ladies maid let out a chuckle at her mistress' harsh language, "Do not fret miss, I'm certain your parents wouldn't have made this decision in vain. They only want what's best for you,"

A harsh knock on the door cut the girl's conversation short. Opening the door, Rose was met with a tall knight with messy brown hair. He stood there with a saddened expression on his face.

"Bram? What are you doing here?"

"I heard of the news your highness, I just wanted to see if you were alright,"

Bram had been a kind friend towards the princess as she grew up in the castle. The older man being quite protective of her. At some points it frightened her how fast his personality would change when she was in any kind of danger. Or how he would stand a little too close to her at points. "I'm as good as I'll ever be,"

"Well, I just wanted to say that you deserve to marry someone who will love and cherish you," His face turned stone cold and his voice dropped.

"I appreciate that," Rose gave him a small smile, trying to ignore his sudden harsh tone. "But as the future queen it is my duty, and I'm sure I will like it in camelot,"