CH. 1: Lawn of the Dead

Selena's nickname is Lena.

=============================

Ethan's POV

"Think about it dude, anything we want! Cash, cars, candy!" Benny exclaimed as we walked to our lockers.

"So you'll only use magic for things that start with 'C'?" I asked him.

"Once we were lonely high school nerds, now we're vampire killing spell casting rock stars who are friends with some cool kids! The world is our oyster!" Benny states excitedly.

"Have you actually had oysters? Not something you want to swallow! More like something you want to cough up! Unless you are the garbage disposal that Lena" I told him as he made a face.

"Nice, nice image to start the day!" he said. I was about to go on when I saw Lena and Theo walking up to us. I couldn't help but groan that the two have seemed to befriend each other.

"Hey dorks." Theo greeted us. What Scott sees in him I will never know. Seriously Theo tried to kill him a lot but hey at least Scott keeps him on a semi tight leash.

"Hi baby bro. Geek." Lena said rudely. I'm so glad Jesse isn't with them. That would be three times the trouble. Benny saw someone behind the two and looked dreamily.

"Ah there she is." Benny sighed happily. We turned and saw Della. Della was the girl Benny had been crushing on Della before he started to have a crush on Sarah. Even Benny knew Sarah wouldn't go out with so he tried asking out other girls. Benny finally turned his attention off of her and looked at me. "I know you might be the 'seer' but I see her with me." He said. Theo and Lena looked at each other and started laughing.

"Dude, don't waste your time." Theo said, catching his breath.

"Good luck geek." Lena laughed as she walked off.

Benny was showing me a video.

"Hey grandma, I was just wondering if there is any magic that can say bring a small animal back from the dead?" I heard Benny say in the video.

"Why are you asking me that?" Grandma Weir asked on the video.

"I don't know, it's a report at...school." Benny said nervously.

"Uh huh!" Grandma Weir said. Benny ended the video then said, "See, those crazy wrinkles are hiding something! I know it!"

"Benny, maybe you should just quit. And buy a bracelet for this girl instead. I mean what girl wants a dead animal anyway? And besides, it's an overkill, on your part." I told him.

"No, it's under kill!" Benny told me. I gave him a confused look. "Because the dog would be unkilled. Duh!"

"You don't even know how to do it!" I told him.

"No, but I do know where to find the answers! Grandma's secret shelf!" Benny told me.

"Secret shelf? My bad feeling just got 10% worse!" I told him. Benny was about to say something when we heard a knock on the door. We both turned around to see my mom.

"Hey guys. Ethan, dinner is almost ready." My mom said,

"What's that smell?" I asked.

"Did Jane melt one of her dolls again?" Benny said with a laugh. I hit him on the leg.

"Actually, Ethan's dad had a very very important client over for dinner this Friday. So I'm testing some recipes from TVs greatest chefs. This is kelp and Kim cheese ratatouille. Want to try a sample?" Mom asked Benny.

"Yum... Uh, I have to go." Benny stammered as he started to leave my room.

"Honey." Mom turned to me and brought the fork to my face. I took a bit out of it so I wouldn't hurt her feelings. 'Where is Lena and her cast iron stomach when you need it!' I thought to myself.