١٢

As the sun began to peek through the windows of the palace, Hanadi, Adil, and her father slowly stirred awake. They stretched their limbs and rubbed their eyes, taking in the familiar surroundings.

The aroma of fresh coffee and toast wafted through the air, and their stomachs grumbled in anticipation of breakfast. They made their way to the wooden table, where a spread of steaming food awaited them.

As they sat down to eat, Hanadi's father cleared his throat and broke the peaceful silence. He held up a piece of paper, his face grim.

"I received a letter from the kingdoms," he said, his voice laced with concern. "People are going missing in a strange manner. They turn into ash without any logical explanation."

Hanadi and Adil exchanged worried glances, their minds reeling with the gravity of the news. They tried to imagine what kind of force could be behind such a phenomenon, but their thoughts were met with only confusion.

The atmosphere in the room became heavy, and the silence was only broken by the sound of utensils clinking against plates. The once comforting breakfast now felt like a heavy burden, as the trio contemplated the fate of their world.

As they finished their meal, Hanadi's father folded the letter and tucked it away. The three of them sat there in silence, unsure of what the future held, and fearful of the unknown.

Hanadi and Adil suddenly looked at each other and nodded in agreement. They knew that time was of the essence and that they needed to act quickly to stop the spread of the evil that threatened their land. They set out to gather the palace soldiers, determined to convince them to join their cause.

As they walked through the palace grounds, they could see the fear and uncertainty in the soldiers' faces. They knew that the danger they faced was real, and they were hesitant to risk their lives for a cause that seemed hopeless.

But Hanadi, was not deterred. She spoke with conviction and passion, urging the soldiers to join them in the fight against the darkness that threatened to engulf their kingdom. She spoke of the beauty of Oterean and the magic that lay within its borders. Slowly but surely, the soldiers began to be swayed by her words. They saw the determination in Hanadi's eyes and the courage in Adil's voice. They knew that they could not stand idly by while their kingdom was under attack.

And so, they gathered their weapons and set out towards Oterean, marching with a sense of purpose and determination. They knew that the road ahead would be difficult and fraught with danger, but they were ready to face it head-on, knowing that their cause was just and that they had each other to rely on. Soon, Azim joined them and they were ready to leave for their trip.

As they marched towards Oterean, Azim found himself lost in his thoughts. They had been walking for hours, making their way through the dense forest towards Oterean. The trees towered above them, casting long shadows across the forest floor. They moved cautiously, their senses alert for any sign of danger.

As they walked, the sound of rushing water grew louder, and soon they found themselves at the edge of a sparkling lake. The water glimmered under the sky which was now darker, casting a shimmering reflection across the trees. They were walking for hours through the forest until the sun disappeared from the sky and the moon took its place. They decided to rest for the night and set up a camp near the edge of the lake. Adil gathered wood for the campfire, while Hanadi and Azim set up the tents and prepared the sleeping arrangements.

As they set up the tents, Azim found himself alone with Hanadi, and the words came tumbling out before he could stop them.

"Hanadi," he said, his voice shaking with emotion. "I have loved you since we were children. And I know that my feelings for you have never faded and they never will."

Hanadi was taken aback by his words, but she could see the sincerity in his eyes. As Azim leaned in to kiss her, all of her doubts and fears vanished. She felt a rush of warmth and passion that she had never felt before, and she knew that she felt the love as well.

They kissed passionately, lost in the moment, and as they pulled away, Azim promised that once everything was over, he would ask for her hand in marriage. Hanadi smiled. As the night sky grew darker, Hanadi's mind was filled with a flurry of thoughts and emotions. She couldn't shake off the doubts that had been nagging at her, and the promise of marriage from Azim only added to her confusion.

The dangers that loomed over them were ever-present, and the weight of responsibility that came with being a princess weighed heavy on her heart. Soon, she realized that time had passed and she was left all by herself. Hanadi stared into the flickering flames of the fire, lost in her own thoughts. The crackling of the fire and the rustling of the leaves outside were the only sounds that filled the silence.

She sighed and leaned back against the log she was sitting on. She knew that she couldn't stay lost in her thoughts forever. Eventually, she would have to face her fears and make a decision. But for now, she allowed herself to simply sit there, staring into the fire, and letting her mind wander. The night was quiet and peaceful, and Hanadi found solace in the stillness.

The night passed by slowly, as she sat under the stars. She eventually found herself lying on a blanket and just like that she drifted off to sleep.