Gone.

Entirely.

"Let us end it now." I finally heard my wolf say these words that she had been yelling and shunning me from saying. All these years of pain and anguish, she had been the one preventing me from giving up hope and killing myself, which was what Laura badly wanted.

We both knew Laura was either a demon or one of their secret agents, and she was clearly here in this pack for a deadly mission. She knows what happened to my mother and is almost certainly the one who possessed her.

Since I couldn't die then, she was back to make sure I didn't slip her hand this time. 

"How the hell is this girl still sleeping at this time!" I heard her shout. Laura was awake yet again earlier than everyone else—to catch me if I stayed back on the bed after the alarm had rung, just so she would have reasons to have my father punish me more.

And today was clearly one of those days when she would catch me, but I wouldn't do anything about it. I was not going to jump out of bed and run helter-skelter in fear of being beaten like I always do.

The morning was the day I would leave this world. Laura would eventually win.

The door was kicked, and she stomped in like a madwoman—madness of anger, hatred, and frustration, as she had always been each time she peered at me. Just one thing she needed was my death, and it seemed like her time was running out and I was delaying.

"How dare you still stay on the bed now?" Her voice thundered through the walls and floor, laced with annoyance and disdain. She stood there, her blue eyes like a stormy sea, waving violently to drown me. The resentment could be felt in her aura.

I noticed how her face changed into a smug one with a wry smile curling her lips up.

"Do I have to repeat it, baby girl? There is only one way to end it all. It won't take more than 5 seconds and all pains are gone." She snickered in sarcasm, stepping closer and squatting in front of me, giving me a clearer view of the nightgown she was wearing—my mother's favorite.

"Why do you want me to kill myself so desperately that you do everything possible? Am I not already dead to you? What is the essence of my life right now?" I sulked, tears blurring my vision and flooding helplessly down my cheeks. My heart was racing and throbbing as I felt like I was drowning in an ocean of grief that filled my entire being to the brim.

"You aren't dead till your last breath. That was why your mother didn't spare you when you were almost dying. What is needed is your death, literally.." She whispered into my ears, grazing my cheek with her lips, and that was so irritating that I almost puked.

"So you knew everything that happened to my mother! What else are you waiting for before accepting you're a demon!" I bawled and began to cough because I just used a lot of my inner energy. I checked my palm, where I coughed, and saw thick blood that had sputtered from my mouth.

She snickered as she stood upright, looking down at me with a crooked smile that emanated evil and nothing else.

"I never denied being a demon, little girl. Yes, what would you call a werewolf that had sold her heart and soul to the devil and become the sex slave of the demon king for many years? I don't mind losing my sanity and becoming a demon for the rest of my life, as long as I get my heart's desire."  She snorted, her eyes blazing with menace and the deepest kind of resentment I had ever seen in anyone's eyes. 

"You don't love my father, and you are not his second chance mate. It was dark magic that you accused me of using. My mother died because of you! What exactly are you here for?" I yelled, clenching my fist as rage boiled inside me.

"Fool! What do you know?" She scoffed and glanced through the room as if she were looking for something.

"What mission did the demon king give you?!" I bellowed, and it was as if something was forming inside me, causing so much fury to swell inside my heart as I stared at her face, which didn't even look concerned.

"He sent me to kill you," she smirked menacingly, and I stumbled backwards as a wave of fear swept through my body.

"What? How and why? What did I do to him? And why will you agree to do that!" I gasped, and she scoffed, her eyes filled with hatred.

"Make it easy for me by giving up now, little girl! I can't withstand the sight of him anymore. I hate and regret every single day I spent with him, and for many years, it was a torture to myself to see him breathe and live happily after the wickedness he did to me and my family. It hurts me unimaginably. I don't know why he was so lucky to have a hybrid who would protect him. I would have used my demonic powers to destroy him from skin to bone, watching him die in extreme pain." She hissed, her eyes contemptuously fixed on me.

"What are you saying? Who are you talking about? My father?" I exclaimed in panic and was shocked. I sensed something deeper than mere hatred in every word she spoke, and it wasn't directed at me. Someone in this pack had made her turn into the villain. I wasn't her real enemy, but someone else was, and she was ready to put the entire Werewolf Kingdom in the east under the control of the demons just to get her revenge.

"Laura, who is this person you're talking about and what did..."

"Shut up your dirty mouth and strike yourself to death! Get the fuck out of this world! Haven't you had enough of my tortures? What should I do next to get you to give up?" She yelled frantically, her voice cracking with emotions as she clenched her jaw and looked away quickly, but not earlier to prevent me from seeing drops of tears fall from her eyes for the first time ever.