All my wolf said was true, but we had no choice. It was because of our love for my mate that we should stay far away from her, or we would eventually kill her.

What a messed-up life I was living. Many despised me for being a cruel being, killing without restraint, and having a heart of stone, but none of them knew how ruthless and cruel life had been to me. Not a single soul would understand how deep it hurt me, how much it crushed me with consuming pain to be a killer to my mates.

Love is evil and should never exist!

It didn't take long before dawn approached. I closed my eyes to catch some sleep, as I really didn't want it to turn out that I had a sleepless night because of Ella.

Well, I could tell that it actually turned that way because no sleep could enter my eyes. Each time I closed my eyes, the image of her beautiful face was all I would see, clouding my head. I would open my eyes again and try thinking about something else.

That was the struggle till morning came and everywhere brightened to the ray of the sun which radiated into the room through the transparent curtain.

I hissed angrily and left the bed, went to the bathroom, and sank myself inside the bathtub.

A knock sounded on my door, and my heart skipped. I jumped out of the tub and wrapped a towel around my waist, sprinting out of the bathroom with water dripping all over my skin. I almost slipped while rushing out to open the door.

"Our mate must have heard what you told her last night, because she is here to see us for the last time!" My wolf screamed while I clenched my teeth to contain the squeak of excitement that was threatening to burst out.

I had no doubt it would be her, and the thought really drove me crazy. I would not hesitate to apologize to her. Yes, I would make her realize I never hated her.

I really needed to feel that spark of our skin contact again. I was going crazy in love once again, and I knew it. Even though I would stay far away from her, I would make one last effort to make her happy before I leave.

With those bubbling thoughts in my head, I dashed out of the bathroom and reached for the door. My hand twisted the knob, and the door opened.

"Sir, your food is ready." I heard the voice of a maid who was bowing there in front of my door, shivering in fear.

Anger, rage, and frustration took over me so hard that I slammed the door shut in her face, growling and breathing heavily.

"We were wrong!" My wolf sighed sadly, and I gnashed my teeth, feeling like my world had crumbled. I kept hissing countless times while dragging my feet back.

"But she might be waiting for us somewhere." My wolf added, and I felt a spark of hope in my heart. He was right. We could still meet somehow.

I hurriedly dressed up, and on reaching the last floor, the maids directed me to the dining room, where my food was served. I sat there and ate without saying anything, but my neck wouldn't stay in one place. It kept spinning and twisting at every angle, searching for her.

Just a single glance was all I badly wanted. I hissed once again while scooping the food reluctantly. Everyone deserted because they were scared of me, and I loved it that way because I had this hatred for these animals who called themselves werewolves.

Everyone who passed through the dining room would quicken their pace to get out of my way because I would quickly raise my head to see who it was, hoping to see Ella, but none of them were her. They were all extremely scared of me, and the only person who shouldn't be afraid of me seemed to abhor my presence and vowed not to allow me to see her.

It was somehow weird because Ella was someone who had acted quite clingy all day yesterday. As her mate, I felt the pure love and affection she had for me, so it was unbelievable that she wouldn't see me before I left.

I called for a maid, and she came running in.

"Where is Ella?" I asked because I couldn't bear it anymore. I wanted to have her sit here with me while we ate together. Yes, it would be weird, but I couldn't resist the urge to be close to her and look into her sparkling eyes.

"She had been missing since yesterday," The maid replied with a curtsy, and my eyes widened in shock and annoyance, which made my heart heavy.

She can't be serious. This can't just be!

Missing as how?

"What do you mean?" I almost yelled but succeeded in toning my voice down.

"We haven't seen her since yesterday afternoon." the maid repeated under her breath, and just then, I recalled what that woman, who I guess was the Luna told me about Ella.

It was beginning to make sense.

"Is Ella a demon wolf?" I inquired the maid, who flinched at my voice, which was now deep and guttural as rage began to bubble inside me like boiling oil.

Before she could reply, the Luna stepped in with the Alpha.

"You are right. Ella is a demon wolf in this pack, and we have been keeping her only because her mother was the former Luna. Now she has run away from this pack because of you. She knew how much you abhor demons and would execute her if you ever saw her again. She sensed you might have known her true identity." The Alpha explained under his breath, bowing in respect.

"We are so sorry for not telling you. It is my fault that I hid her identity because I wanted to save her from your wrath. Forgive me." The alpha added, falling to his knees, and the luna joined, even the maid. They all knelt to beg my forgiveness for not telling me my mate was a demon.

The Luna had hinted at me, but I never believed. Now, as I watched the Alpha utter all these into my ears, my heart tore apart. I was so upset that my breath became choked, and I couldn't even speak.

I was mated to a demon. Those heartless demons who killed my Lycan members and almost wiped the entire Lycan race into extinction. We were few in the kingdom because the demons destroyed us, and since then, we had vowed to kill anyone on sight.