The Blind Banker - Part 10

Dimmock stormed into the office, followed by the boys, a breathless Y/N, and a rather bewildered Sarah. The inspector is clearly not in a good mood. "I sent a couple of cars. The old hall is totally deserted."

"Look, I saw the mark at the circus." Sherlock began frustrated. "That tattoo that we saw on the two bodies: the mark of the Tong."

Dimmock reached his desk and turned around to face them as John continued. "Lukis and Van Coon were part of a-a smuggling operation. Now, one of them stole something when they were in China; something valuable."

"These circus performers were gang members sent here to get it back."

"Get what back?" The inspector questioned. Sherlock pursed his lips, looking away angrily.

"We don't know," John said hesitantly.

"You don't know," Dimmock repeated, eying the two men incredulously, Sherlock still not quite meeting his eyes. "Mr Holmes..." He sighed, sitting down. "I've done everything you've asked. Lestrade, he seems to think your advice is worth something." That caused Sherlock to lift his head, a faint but proud smile across his face. "I gave the order for a raid. Please tell me I'll have something to show for it - other than a massive bill for overtime."

"Thank you, Ian." Y/N smiled warmly at the inspector, stumbling slightly as she went to take a few steps. Sherlock reacted quickly, wrapping an arm around her waist to steady her. She winced slightly as he bumped against the arm she was using to keep pressure on her wound. Y/N looked up at everyone's concerned faces. "Oh, I'm fine, don't worry about me." She quipped sarcastically.

"Here, let me look." Sarah chuckled lightly as she crouched down, gently removing the ripped, blood-soaked piece of fabric. Y/N inhaled sharply through gritted teeth, reaching out for something to clutch onto, which just so happened to be the front of Sherlock's coat. "You didn't puncture any organs, but it will need stitches." Sarah sighed, straightening up. "We should go to the hospital."

"No, it's fine, I've got all the stuff back at the flat," John said, walking over to Y/Ns other side. She let go of Sherlock, allowing her brother to guide her out of the building, quickly followed by Sarah and Sherlock.

•••

Opening the door to the living room, John rushed up the stairs as Sherlock led Y/N to the kitchen, sitting her down on one of the chairs. Sarah watched adoringly as Sherlock pressed a kiss to the top of Y/Ns head. He backed away as John returned, giving the doctor space to work.

Sherlock took his coat off, draping it over one of the many crates of books as he went over to the fireplace, staring intensely at the photos. Sarah glanced between the two silent men. "Well, I think perhaps I should leave you to it."

"No, no, you don't have to go." John began.

"Yes, it would be better if you left now," Sherlock said simultaneously, earning him a dark glare from the twins.

"He's kidding, stay if you like." Y/N reached a hand out towards Sarah, who quickly grabbed it, joining her in the kitchen. "I need the emotional support," Y/N whispered, causing both women to giggle quietly.

"Sorry, but this is going to hurt " John warned. Y/N squeezed her eyes shut as pain shot through her side. Despite her seemingly stoic exterior, save for a few sharp breaths here and there, the pain was excruciating.

A few minutes later it was done, and the pain subsided. "Remind me to never have you as my doctor again." Y/N teased. John rolled his eyes playfully as he placed a large adhesive plaster over the stitches.

"I did my best, but it will leave a pretty nasty scar."

"It's fine, who wouldn't want a reminder of when they beat up some Chinese gangsters?" Y/N smiled sarcastically, slipping into the bedroom to change.