The Blind Banker - Part 4

The door to the flat opened, causing Y/N to stir in her sleep. From her position on the sofa, laying on her side with her legs slightly bent, she vaguely registered the rustling of clothes,  presumably the person removing their coat, before she felt her legs gently being lifted up, the sofa dipping as someone sat down, lowering her legs again, this time onto their lap as they rested a hand just below her knee.

Y/N's eyes fluttered open as she peered over her shoulder, seeing Sherlock smiling contentedly, his hand rubbing slow, soothing circles on her calf. "Don't destroy it." He chuckled deeply, motioning with his unoccupied hand towards his scarf, which Y/N was now clutching tightly, as it had fallen off in her sleep.

She grumbled, tossing the scarf in Sherlock's smug face, rolling her eyes playfully as laid on her back, shuffling slightly to sit up a bit more, still keeping her legs draped over Sherlock's thighs. "Where's John?" Y/N glanced around the flat, looking for her annoying twin brother.

"A job interview or something," Sherlock muttered. "I wasn't really paying attention."

"Of course you weren't." Y/N chuckled, swinging her legs over the side of the sofa to sit up properly, leaning against the cushions.

"How are you feeling?" Sherlock turned to face Y/N, genuine concern laced in his voice. "I'm guessing you've never seen a corpse before."

"Yeah." she swallowed the lump in her throat "I just wasn't expecting it to be so... gruesome."

"Well." Sherlock chuckled dryly. "We can't all be like the great Doctor John Watson."

"I actually have a PhD, thank you very much." Y/N playfully slapped Sherlock's arm, tucking her legs underneath her, inadvertently shuffling closer to the detective as she readjusted to sit comfortably, his breath hitching in his throat.

"Impressive." Sherlock nodded slowly, stretching his arm out across the back of the sofa behind Y/N, angling his body a bit to face her. "What subject?"

"Psychology." She smiled, stifling a yawn against the back of her hand "I also minored in astronomy." She yawned again, her body slightly leaning towards Sherlock. Wrapping his arm around her, he pulled Y/N into his side, her head coming to rest on his chest.

"Go back to sleep, love," Sherlock whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of her head. Y/N felt her eyelids grow heavy, allowing them to finally close as she drifted off into a sweet slumber, listening to the therapeutic rhythm of Sherlock's heartbeat.

•••

In a GP surgery somewhere in London, Dr Sarah Sawer is reading John's printed CV, said the man sitting across from her, a phone ringing in the background. "Just locum work."

"No, that's fine." John smiled

"You're, um..." Sarah began hesitantly, glancing back at the documents in her hand "Well, you're a bit over-qualified."

"Er, I could always do with the money." John chuckled nervously.

"Well, we've got two away on holiday this week, and ones just left to have a baby. Might be a bit mundane for you."

"Er, no; mundane is good, sometimes." He thought about the antics he and Sherlock would get up to. "Mundane works"

"It says here you were a soldier." She spoke softly.

"And a doctor." John smiled at her again, and Sarah looked down.

"Anything else you can do?"

"I learned the clarinet at school."

"Oh!" She chuckled "Well, I look forward to it." She smiled flirtatiously as John laughed.

•••