The Blind Banker - Part 2

Sherlock led the way through a set of revolving glass doors into the main entrance of Shad Sanderson Bank. He and Y/N headed straight towards the escalators, but John lagged behind a bit, admiring the impressive foyer. "Yes, when you said we were going to the bank..." He muttered to himself before scurrying to join his friend and sister before they stepped onto the escalator.

The great detective observes his surroundings carefully, noting the security system that requires swiping a key card across an electronic reader to open the glass barrier. Reaching the top of the escalator, Sherlock walked over to the reception desk.

"Sherlock Holmes." He addressed the receptionist, said lady smiling as she began typing away at the keyboard. John vaguely heard Sherlock and Y/N having a conversation with the receptionist, still in awe of the majestic interior.

A short while later, the trio had been led to a room, Sebastian Wilkes' office. He soon stepped into his office, smiling widely. "Sherlock Holmes."

"Sebastian." The detective replied coolly, shaking his outstretched hand, Sebastian clasping Sherlock's hand in both of his own.

"Howdy buddy. How long's it been? Eight years since I last clapped eyes on you?" Sherlock glanced at Sebastian with only marginally disguised disgust as Sebastian faced the other two people in the room

"These are my friends, John and Y/N Watson," Sherlock explained as Sebastian shook their respective hands. He threw a brief look at Sherlock before turning away. The twins both pursed their lips, taking an instant dislike to the man.

"Well, grab a pew. D'you need anything? Coffee, water?" Sherlock simply shook his head, as Y/N and John replied 'no' simultaneously. "Alright," Sebastian mumbled, turning to his secretary. "We're all sorted here, thanks."

The secretary quickly left the room as Sebastian sat down at his desk, the others sitting in the chairs opposite him, Sherlock in the middle, John to his left, and Y/N to his right.

"So, you're doing well. You've been abroad a lot." Sherlock stared, eyes boring into the man sitting on the other side of the table

"Well, some." Sebastian chuckled dryly.

"Flying all the way round the world twice in a month?" Y/N had a slight smirk on her face. John frowned in confusion but Sebastian just laughed, pointing at Sherlock

"Right. You're doing that thing." Sebastian turned to address John, continuing. "We were at uni together. This guy had a trick he used to do."

"It's not a trick," Sherlock muttered quietly, gaining Y/Ns attention at the dejected tone of his voice.

"He could look at you and tell you your whole life story." Sebastian continued, ignoring Sherlock.

"Yes, I've seen him do it," John stated.

"Put the wind up everybody. We hated him." Sebastian chuckled again, not noticing, or just simply not caring, about the way Sherlock turned his head away and looked down. Y/N noticed, however. She noticed the pain flashing behind his eyes like the flicker of a candle. Gently placing a comforting hand on his shoulder, Sherlock shot her a grateful smile, turning back to Sebastian. Y/N gave his shoulder a comforting squeeze, her hand lingering for a few seconds before she dropped it back onto her lap. "You'd come down to breakfast in the Formal Hall and this freak would know you'd been shagging the previous night."

"I simply observed," Sherlock mumbled softly again, noting the way Y/Ns jaw clenched at Sebastian's choice of nickname for the handsome detective.

"Go on, enlighten me. Two trips a month, flying all the way around the world - you're quite right. How could you tell?" Sebastian leaned back in his office chair. Sherlock opened his mouth to speak, but Sebastian continued smugly. "You're gonna tell me there was, um, a stain on my tie from some special kind of ketchup you can only buy in Manhattan."