I sighed, "I just hope it runs."

"Oh, no. She'll run alright." He spoke confidently, She's faster than any of the cutters the boys in blue got."

The sound of a motorcycle pulling up caught our attention and Olivia followed the noise out, "Pope, finally."

She was caught off guard at the sight of Rafe and Barry. She quickly stopped in her tracks and turned to the curly haired girl in fear.

The brunette man was quick to cock his gun and turn to me and JJ, "Well, well. See, don't think I forgot about me and you on the side of the road." He held the weapon pointed to my chest, "I'm here because I want my mothetfucking money."

He attempted to charge at my but was cut off by my boyfriend's body which was eventually pushed to the floor. My sister and I called out in protest but we were ignored and pushed away, "Stay down, boy."

"You murdered Peterkin." I overheard Liv shout to the Cameron boy. I assumed that Barry didn't know of this information due to the shock on his face.

He glanced back to the blonde boy, "Now, where is my money, huh?" The boy was taken a few more punches before being pushed to the floor again, "Stay down, boy."

Suddenly, Pope appeared and was hitting punches at Rafe forcefully. The drug dealer seemed to have taken notice of the situation which distracted him from the Maybank.

I leaned my leg in front of him, causing him to trip and the gun to be dropped to the floor.

Riley noticed it and took it into her grasp immediately. JJ had started to throw punches towards Barry who was now on the floor groaning in pain.

I turned around to find the other three waiting for us by the warehouse doors, "Come on. Let's get going."

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 boat ready at the dock we were stood waiting impatiently. I scoffed in disbelief after he still hadn't arrived, "Where is he?" I asked rhetorically.

"He's coming." JJ spoke, "He'll be fine."

The sound of sirens getting closer drew my attention as one pulled up next to us, "J," I called out to him.

"Fuck. Get back on the boat. Riley, untie it." He ordered us quickly.

Suddenly, John B came out of the cop car with a grin. I gasped in disbelief before bribing the boy into my arms, "I'm so happy you'rere okay."

He chuckled, "Shoupe let me take it for a spin."

"It wasn't easy bro but we got the Phantom for you." The blonde grinned, "She runs like she was made yesterday."

"John B, where's Sarah?" Liv suddenly questioned, "We thought she'd be with you."

He began to panic at the mention of the girl, "We got separated at the swamp. She said she would meet me here."

"We haven't seen her." Pope shrugged.

"I'm not leaving without her." He spoke defiantly.

The Maybank boy approached his best friend and placed a forceful hand on his shoulder, "John B, look at me. I know you feel bad for leaving but there's no time, man. You've got plenty of gas and plenty of food. Once you get around that point, it's a straight shot across the sound to Dismal Swamp. Once you get there, lay low and hang out for a couple weeks and then go overland. Cross the border at Brownsville."

The brunette nodded in agreement as he made his way to the head of the boat. Tears began to spring in his eyes, "I'm sorry for basically throwing us off a cliff with this whole treasure hunt thing."

"Treasure hunt?" Riley questioned.

I chuckled, "I'll explain later."

JJ nodded, "We were all bound to run off a cliff at some point right? At least we did it together, though. Pogue Style."

"Pogue style." He muttered under his breath before turning to the blonde girl, "Liv, tell Sarah I said goodbye. Take care of her for me."

She nodded in agreement before he sailed out of sight.

𝐖𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐋 been pulled in by Shoupe for questioning. We were all sat on chairs in the tent but the weather seemed to be getting worse which made me anxious for John B and we soon learnt that Sarah was with him too.

We had been waiting for a long time until the old Deputy came to speak to us.

"Did you find them?" I asked immediately wanting to get straight to the point.

The older man hesitated before speaking, "No."

"So they got away?" Liv asked hopefully.

"We lost them," Shoupe spoke.

"What do you mean you lost them?" Pope scoffed, "They're gone? What are you talking about."

"They took an open boat into a tropical depression, Pope." He replied.

"So they're dead?" Kie asked.

He shrugged, "We don't know."

It felt as though my heart absolutely broke in two in that moment. I felt tears immediately spring my eyes as Riley pulled me into her arms.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
okay we finished szn1. i'm so excited to publish season 2
xoxo