𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

𝐖𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐋 arrived back at the Chateau

𝐖𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐋 arrived back at the Chateau. I sat on the counter beside JJ who was making himself a peanut butter sandwich with mouldy bread.

"That bread had mould on it three days ago," Pope told us. I scrunched my face up in disgust. No matter how hungry I was, I don't think I could ever eat mouldy bread.

"I'll just pull off all the bad parts," JJ said, but it was covered in it. "Plus, mould is good for you. It's just a natural organism."

"It's not, J." I shook my head at him, jumping off the counter to go and stand by the table as we were about to open the FedEx package.

"JJ," Kie called him over.

He skipped over, happily. "Yup! Hot damn! Let's do it!"

I looked over at him as he took a bite out of his sandwich, immediately gagging and spitting it out. "Yummy?" I asked sarcastically.

I then turned to face John B who had a map out in front of him from the package. The Maybank boy wrapped his arms around me from behind, hiding his face in the crook of my neck.

"Oh. X marks the spot." Pope pointed to the X on the paper.

"Longitude, Latitude." He guided his fingers over the map. "Wait; there's something else in here." He said, pulling out what looked like a tape recorder.

Dear Bird. I hate to say 'I told you so' but I told you so. And you doubted your old man. I suspect at this moment you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet, kid. I didn't expect to find the merchant either. You were probably right to call me out. Wasn't exactly Father of the Decade. What can I say, kid? I could smell the barn. And hopefully, we're listening to this in our brand new sugar shack down in Costa Rica, living off passive investments and pulling on permits with the Madison's. If not, and you find this for less than optimal reasons, well, that's what the map is for. There she is, the wreck of the Merchant. If something happens to me, go for the gold, kid. Bring Hayley and Riley along with you. Finish what Phoebe and I started. I love you, bird, even if I didn't always act like it. I'll see you on the other side.

Big John's voice stopped and the tape recorder switched off. JJ's arms tightened around me as John B got up from his seat, leaning on the wall for support. The mention of my family made my stomach turn. I had never suspected my mother to be involved.

"Big John found the Merchant," JJ spoke, happily but stopped when he saw the look that I sent his way.

"I think just, give him some space guys," I told the group as they moved to make their way out to the dock after John B.

𝐈 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 into JJ's chest comfortably,
"How much was it again?" His voice snapped me out of my thoughts.