Chapter Four: Hefnd

Start from the beginning

"So you are going to give up? Like an Englishmen? No Thorvald, you are Icelandic, you are born and bred to fight even in the darkest and deepest of times boy, don't be a coward!" Erik his father shouts at him in his thoughts.

"I will not disappoint you father."

Meanwhile in the fortress of Mercia...

"Where is my brother?" Ymir asks.

"We let him go..."

"You what!?-"

"Calm down, he doesn't have anything on him, we took all of his gear..."

"Oh god..."

"What Queen Ymir?"

"My brother doesn't give up, he's fueled with might and power, he will push through and nothing will stop him, that boy has got drive like no man will ever have..."

"So what? I'm sure he's dead by now..."

"I sure hope so..." Ymir says and walks out of the room.

Thorvald took out a compass that was in one of the pouches of the guard and figured out that the fortress where his sister is located is north of his current location, Thorvald turned around and marched straight back to the fortress...

40 minutes of walking later...

"Open the gates! A guard has returned!"

Thorvald was standing in front of the fortress gates, he saw how they opened, the sunlight started shining off his silver helmet and chestplate, he then just proceeded to walk inside the fortress and act normal...

He then went upstairs to the castle, he realized a room door was a little bit open, there was a blue carpet on the floor, Thorvald peeked in the room, only to see little baby James sleeping in his bed, Thorvald entered the room and closed the door, he saw that there was a quill and a piece of paper on the desk to write documents with... Thorvald took out his small knife... He approached baby James...

"I am sorry Ymir..." Just as he said that he sliced baby James' neck open, the blood spilled all over the knife and bed, including Thorvald's gauntlets...

Thorvald approached the table with the paper and quill and wrote in Icelandic...

"Dear Sister/Ymir

Yes, I Thorvald sliced your baby's neck open and I do not regret it, see this as a way of paying for what you've done to Iceland. I hope you live in pain and agony for the rest of your ongoing life, just like me.

Signed Thorvald."

Thorvald then stood up from the chair and snuck out of the fortress via a backdoor and walked to the nearest beach to wash the blood off his knife and gauntlets...

As Thorvald was washing the blood off of his knife and gauntlets he could hear a man in the distance screaming in Icelandic...

"Help me someone, please help!"

Thorvald ran over to the man with his sword in his hand...

"A fellow Englishmen, help me with this barbarian..." The English guard said as he's trying to tie up the Icelandic person...

Thorvald lifted his blade and swung it down on the English guard, he cracked his head middle through, the blood just poured like a fountain...

"I'm an Icelander brother..." He says as he helps the man up from the ground.

"What are you doing in the devil's clothes then?"

"Sometimes a wolf has to hide in sheep's clothing..."