"Selene—accck!"

He couldn't finish his word when a bullet pierced through his back and he fell down to the ground. Mabilis kong dinukot ang baril na hawak ng Captain at tinutok ito sa taong bumaril sa kanya.

"I wonder what took him so long to kill you. I guess that dumb Captain cares for his members," he said as he was drawing near. His bearded face flaunts when the lamp post hits him. His arms locked itself inside his pants, and someone followed his footsteps and that's where I realized who hit the Captain.

"Morivan," I hissed.

"Hey, baby. Miss me?" A sly smile escaped his lips as he pointed a gun at me. "Why don't you put that gun down and let's go down to business?"

"You fucking traitor," I said, glaring at him with my anger and disappointed eyes. "I trusted you, Morivan!"

"Trust is a fragile thing, but it is so hard to build that up," this bearded man said. "I like your courage, Selene Lopez. That rare force of motivation is what I'm looking forward to harnessing. Why don't you work for me, darling?"

I spat on the floor. "I'd rather die than serve the person who killed my sister!"

"Oh? Now, I remember that little sweet girl from before," he said, as if he remembered someone when his face became light. "Morivan, what was that girl's occupation again? A news reporter, am I right?"

"Yes, Sir. Selena Lopez, a first-rate news reporter who tried to uncover illegal activities that are affiliated to you. She died of an overdose four months ago," Morivan said. I swear I want to scrape his face with a swiss knife, and forgive me for I will enjoy killing him.

"Oh, then why does her sister accuse me of killing her twin?" saad ng politiko na parang nagmamaang-maangan.

"You killed her," I fumed. "She was close to uncovering the truth but you shut her mouth! I swear to her grave that I will not let this world fall into your hands, you piece of shit!"

Bigla siyang tumawa ng malakas at ang ganyang tawa ay nakakarinding pakinggan. Agad din siyang tumigil. "I always hate people who use their own bloodline for an excuse of idiocracy. You swear on her behalf? You don't have any evidence to pin me for that crime, darling."

Hindi ko binaba ang baril kaya hindi rin inalis ni Morivan ang pagkatutok ng baril niya sa akin. I know he was waiting for me to pull the trigger and so he could do the same. Napatawa ako ng mapakla, ramdam ko na ang pagod sa katawan ko subalit hindi ko ugaling sumuko.

"I am a witness," I confidently said. "If I get out here alive, I swear, your breakfast will be served in jail."

"I'd like to see you try, darling," he said, confidently too, and gestured to Morivan before he took a few steps backwards. "She's all yours, son."

Napamaang ako sa aking narinig. Morivan walked towards me as he still pointed his gun. Wala akong nakikitang emosyon sa kanyang gwapong mukha at halos kamuhian ko na ang aking sarili dahil isa ako sa mga babaeng bumigay sa mukha niya.

"You are his son?" hindi makapaniwala na sabi ko. "You fucking traitor and a liar! Simula sa umpisa ginagago mo na pala akong hayop ka!"

"When the News Reporter died, we know that you will try to uncover her real death. I was sent to spy on your movements," he replied as he drew near. I motioned my gun to stop him from getting further. "Baby, drop the gun. Let's talk about this."

"Don't fucking call me baby, you liar!" asik ko sa kanya at ilang beses akong humugot ng hininga dahil sa sikip ng dibdib ko. "I said don't fucking go near me!"

"Selene," his voice went sullen. "Listen to me. I love you, okay? Put the gun down and I will talk to my father. It's going to be—"

"It is not, idiot!" I cut him off. My lips were trembling as I looked at him. The person who lifted me up from the slumber that was caused by my sister's death was also the person who knew how she died. Even more devastating is, he could be the one who killed her.