𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Start from the beginning

"Is he even in his room? He didn't tell me!" I said to myself. "Text him?" Phil said. I shook my head. "Where else would he be?"

I thought the elevator would never get there, but when it did, I was the first one out.

I make it to Wilbur's door and swung it open without knocking.

He wasn't there.

"Wilbur?" I called out. Nobody else seemed to hear it, but with my enhanced senses, I heard what sounded like crying coming from Fundy's room. My heart leapt to my throat, as my mind went to that Fundy had died in his sleep or something.

I pushed past Phil, towards Fundy's room. I opened the door, seeing Wilbur in the floor with his knees to his chest, bawling his eyes out. In his hands, he held a piece of paper, and Fundy's stuffed fox in the other, soaking the fox with his tears as he held it to his face.

"Oh my god...Wilbur..." I whispered to myself, rushing over to sit on my knees beside of him. I pulled Wilbur into a hug, not understanding what was happening, or where Fundy was.

"Wilbur, where is Fundy?" I asked. Wilbur started to cry harder when I asked this. "W-Wil...what happened to Fundy? Talk to me, man." I said, holding his face in my hands. His eyes were red, and his face was blotchy, covered in tears.

"He- He took F-Fundy. He f-fucking took him." Wilbur choked. "What are you talking about? Who took Fundy?" I asked.

Wilbur looked up at me, pain in his eyes.

"Schaltt."

I straightened my posture, my face blank.

"What...do you mean, Schlatt took Fundy?" I asked. "I don't fucking know, Technoblade!" Wilbur yelled, "He took him! In the night, I guess! Or sent someone to take him! I- I don't know!" Wilbur shoved the paper he held against my chest, burying his face in the small fox plush.

I looked down at the letter that was written in fancy cursive.

"I know you've been looking for me. I have good security, I get alerted when my documents are being looked at, even illegally. You're smart, camping out at the heroes base, but I am smarter.
It's been a while since I killed your pathetic parents. I though I had killed you as well. Oh, well.
I know you want to kill me, who doesn't? But if you kill me, I will order my men to kill your son. If you want him back, you must bring me half a million USD by sunset, this day next week, or you will be receiving some horrific pictures of your dead son. I owe someone the money, and quite frankly, I don't feel like giving up my own. So I'm using you.
Bring the money to the location below. It's my base. So come alone if you know what's good for you and your son.
And don't be late by even a second."

Then, there was an address under the writing. I covered my mouth, lowering the paper.

"Wilbur, this...we can't afford that..." I said. "I know! I- I know, Techno! I haven't seen that much money in my whole life combined!" Wilbur laughed, but it wasn't a laugh of humor.

Wilbur leaned his head back onto the bed, shaking his head.

"Ransom. My son is being held for ransom. God, I'm an awful dad, Techno. This is all my fault, if I had just left Schlatt alone, Fundy would be safe. Who- Who knows what Schlatt's doing to him. Oh, god, he's probably torturing my poor little boy." Wilbur covered his mouth, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Don't..." I swallowed back my own emotions, "Don't think like that, ok? Schlatt is smart, he knows you'll tear him limb from limb while he's still alive if he even touches Fundy." I said.