8 - Part Two Of The Plan: Find William. Help Friends. Belle Wants to Come With.

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean by it's your fault Belle?" asked Arieshell.

"I allowed Henry to knock Armand out. I don't remember where he took him."

"Why do you think that?" questioned Gus.

"I told you. He originally came because he was trying to find his best friend, Lou."

"So you were distracting him?" requested Arieshell.

"Henry was using me to enchant Armand, giving him enough time to strike him in the head," Belle bit her lip. "I had no clue that was his intention."

Jacques raised his head. "You were a pawn in his revolting game. It's not your fault. We need to stop him before he goes too far."

"How?" Both Gus and Arieshell asked simultaneously.

"Find William!"

With a sudden burst of energy, Belle lifted herself from her reclined position and turned to face her allies in the room. Her eyes were filled with a newfound comprehension, shining brightly with a sense of understanding.

"I might know where he is."

"Tell us," said Jacques.

"He was going to England for college."

"Do you remember the name?"

"I believe it was London Bridge University," recollected Belle.

Arieshell straightened her posture. "I'm sorry, but how are we planning on getting there? I still need to address my family will be searching for me."

Jacques stood up. After a brief moment away, he wandered back into the kitchen area, searching for a particular item - an aged, worn map with visible water stains scattered throughout its surface.

Jacques picked up the object and carried it to the living room, where he sat beside Arieshell and gestured toward a spot.

"This is the English Channel between England and France," Jacques explained, "We will be using this route to get to our destination."

"But I can't be in the water, or my father and brother will know where I am."

"You don't have to worry. We will take my ship."

"Wait! Why not take the train?" asked Gus.

As soon as Jacques looked up at him, his face contorted into a scowl of unmistakable anger, making it clear that the situation was far from ideal. He considered the suggestion to be unintelligent and poorly planned.

"They could track us down, know where we are heading, and find us quickly. I'm not going to take that chance."

"What do you mean by them? Are there multiple people we are running from?" questioned Arieshell.

"Well, depending on if Belle joins us, there is no doubt Henry and her father will be searching for her," stated Jacques.

Arieshell slumped back, "And my family," she muttered.

Jacques wrapped his arm around her, "Don't worry, your father and brother won't suspect you on a ship, especially a boat that will travel from place to place."

Arieshell blushed and felt a rush of warmth spread through her body as Jacques's strong arm embraced her; Arieshell couldn't help but bite her lip in anticipation, hoping he wouldn't notice her reaction to his touch.

As Arieshell tried to regain her voice, her gaze fixated on his dark brown beard, which bore a remarkable likeness to her brother's. Arieshell's cheeks turned red again. Stop it! Control yourself! He's human! You're a siren. It'll never work.