13 - Hide Or Run Away

"Hey! Wake up! We've arrived," demanded the coachman.

Arieshell eye's flickered open as they adjusted to the light. Her eyes wandered to her comrades as they slowly awoke. Did we successfully escape?

Without another thought, Arieshell shot up. "We need to leave, now!"

"What?" Jacques raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean? I thought we were gathering supplies and heading to the ship."

"Forget the supplies! I received a message from my brother."

"Brother? Wait, when did you talk to your brother? I thought you didn't want them to find you?"

"At first, but he told me that we are in danger! I heard his voice clearly through a telepathic warning system we share in the sea. I had no idea it worked when we're on land too," Arieshell exclaimed.

"How do you know for sure?" asked Gus.

"Abijam went to Bun Boutique, where we met Maurice," Arieshell paused, trying to recollect more information. "He warned me to be cautious of Henry."

"Shit," whispered Jacques.

Belle disappointedly shook her head, "I knew this would be difficult. That's Henry's way."

"Damn Henry! I won't let him get you or anyone! You want to track down William and that's what we will do. No matter what the cost is!" Jacques spoke angrily.

Arieshell's eyes twinkled as her lips curved into a wide grin. With every passing day, she found herself growing more fond of Jacques. Under all of that toughness and manliness, Jacques had a profound compassion.

Gus clicked his tongue. "Well, what should we do?"

"I vote going to Sparrow," suggested Belle.

"Fantastic idea!" chimed Armand.

Arieshell met Jacques's gaze. The tension seemed to expand with every breathless second that passed. Arieshell could sense something was brewing. She felt the urge to leave this town. The unease in the area was not due to the locals, but due to a dangerous predator lurking nearby.

"Coachman, plans have changed. Take us to the docks!" ordered Jacques.

"Yes, Monsieur!"

Despite the sun's shining rays, the monster lurked between the shadows. The townsfolk carried on their daily routine, unaware of the danger upon them. Arieshell's perception of Henry only got worse, remembering Maurice's concerns for Belle's well being at the manor.

Not to mention, the way Belle was treated by Wilbur. Arieshell pondered, in the depths of her wildest imagination, about the safety of Abijam and Father. Maybe it's good that they are with Henry. I could have Abijam update me on their location and plans. Arieshell decided to try to contact her brother.

Arieshell sunk into the cozy velvet pillow and fell into a deep slumber. She awoke to a strange but soothing hum. Where am I?

"Arieshell!" a familiar voice called out.

She glanced around her surroundings- nothing but pitch darkness consumed her vision. As the humming became louder, a silhouette appeared.

"H-hello? Who's out there?"

Arieshell shielded her eyes as a light illuminated ahead of her. The sound of calming and still water danced like a tango in her eyes, battling for control.

The young woman pressed onwards, eager to face the mysterious figure. Arieshell approached, trying to be cautious.

"Who or what are you? I am not here to hurt you." Arieshell expressed.