26|| somewhere, somehow

Start from the beginning

I smile watching her. She's wearing an oversized hoodie with jeans and her boots giving her a bit more height.

Looking effortlessly beautiful as ever she sits with a book in hand ready for the next class. With me.

I patiently wait five minutes as my class begins to make its way inside. The minute Katie enters it feels as if I could breathe again. She continues to pretend she doesn't see me looking at her ignoring my gaze.

Once I have everybody's attention I start my class, being curt and clear with everyone, what work they needed to do and have done by  certain date.

I stared at her most of my class, eager to speak with her. I've let this go on too long. But I know she needed it, or I would lose her forever just like I had with Maggie.

I am taken by surprise, when she doesn't hurry out of the class but sits, waiting behind for the class to leave.

Once the last person leaves she gets up and I go to shut the blinds, locking the door.

"Hudson.." She says softly looking at me with her sweet doe eyes.

God how I missed that voice.

"I think we should talk." She adds.

I stroll over to her as she walks down the last step.

"I just don't know what to say." She finishes.

I make sure to keep my distance when I speak next. "I know. Let me speak first. Then you can decide what you want Katie."

I wait for her to nod, before I speak again.

"I understand it's a lot to handle. If you want me to leave and never come back, I can do that for you. But what I can't do, is sit here and willingly let you slip away. The past weeks have been torment. I wake up thinking of you and you're my last thought before bed. You're mine, Katie. It's like you were made for me."

My eyes drilled into hers, shadows from her lashes casting over her face. "Please tell me you feel the same." I said, praying she wouldn't tear my heart into shreds all over again.

Tears filled her eyes. "I do. I feel the exact same way, but I'm scared. You've admitted to me you killed someone.." She says with a look so heartbreaking in her eyes, I almost fall to my knees.

"Are you scared I would hurt you?" I ask knowing her answer already.

She nodded.

"Katie, if I wanted to kill you, don't you think I would've done it by now?" She hesitated, but shook her head. "I could never ever hurt you. I want to spend the rest of my life protecting you." I licked my lips, soaking in her expression. "Will you let me do that?"

A long pause. Silence rung loud in my ears as I awaited her response. She looked down at her shoes, then back up at me. She nodded gently, letting an emotional smile creep over her lips.

I smiled right back. I lifted my hand and motioned two fingers at her. She walked over closer to me.

"I really missed you." She let out on the verge of tears.

"I missed you too, sweetheart."
I held her in a tight hug, the feeling of her heart beating again me. I knew mine was beating just as fast. I was elated to have my girl back in my arms.

"I was just scared. But I can't run away from my feelings from you anymore. I haven't been doing good." She cried out into my chest.

She looks down. "I haven't been myself. I felt a part of me was missing, I thought it would be better, but it didn't get better." Tears fall down her eyes.

I try my best to hide my smile off my face, as she tells me how much she truly needed me.

I wipe her tears with my hand. I then pull her back into my body, for a tight hug. She leans into my body before pulling back a little looking up again. "Wait, Hudson. Why are you teaching here really?" She questions.

I chuckle. "I think we both know why. To see you. I was worried about you every fucking day, I felt like my world was ending without you." I admit.

It was the truth, after all.

She sighs her chest heaving. "Me too."

Without thinking twice, I bend down and softly kiss her lips. The kiss is short and sweet, but promising.

And with that she smiles, and leaves.

I let her.