CH 8 || His Suffering Face is the Best

Start from the beginning

Suzy walked back into my living room, carrying two boxes of Thai food

Suzy walked back into my living room, carrying two boxes of Thai food. The table was littered with empty bags of chips, bowls, and crumbs. I started stacking them in one corner and she squeezed our dinner into the tiny space I'd created.

Then she grabbed two pairs of chopsticks, and another carton of apple juice and dropped down on the couch next to me.

I plucked a pair out of her hands. She lifted the remote, her eyes beaming. "Ready?"

"Hell, yeah."

She pressed play and Ji Chang-Wook filled the screen. We both let out a content sigh.

Suzy grabbed her box with a dreamy expression. "He's so handsome."

"He's crying," I deadpanned and reached for my own.

She swiped at her eyes. "What can I say? His suffering face is the best."

I burst out laughing. The more the male lead suffered, the happier she became. Although I had to admit she wasn't wrong... We both munched away our eyes glued to the scene.

"This Pad Thai is amazing," Suz remarked.

I flashed her a grin. "I know right? It's my favorite. They use rice noodles, so it's perfect."

"So, let me get this straight," she started but then we both winced as the female lead got dragged into a car. "God damn it this timing! I'm losing my mind. He had one job, one! Protect her! Where is he now, huh? Gah, this makes me so mad."

"He shouldn't have lied to her. If he hadn't, she wouldn't have followed them."

"True... So, what was I saying? Ah. So, no gluten and dairy? Anything else you can't eat?"

"Mhm...I should steer clear of any chemicals like MSG or stuff like that. Anything that can be irritating. I always have to check the ingredients for whatever I buy. I legit own one vanilla body spray. Took me ages to find one without synthetic fragrances and it was expensive as well. I only use it sporadically."

"Man, that must be tough. But we can start looking around campus for some restaurants we can test. I guess Italian is out then, but Asian food is my favorite anyways and they have loads of stuff that should work."

I hid a smile. "Alright."

The male lead rushed into the building on screen, ran up the stairs, and...entered the wrong hallway. We both let out a groan. A gunshot rang out. He froze and whipped around.

"What?" Suzy shouted when the credits started right after. "You're going to end this here? I'm sorry," she added with a side glance at me. "But we are going to have to watch the next episode. I can't go home being left hanging like this. He has to save her at least."

I leaned back and relaxed. "Save her and finally fucking tell her why they were after her in the first place. God, it would save us so many problems."