"What if he doesn't? There is a chance that he won't and we need to start realising that."

Scarlett walks over as Lizzie starts crying into her hands. She hugs her rubbing her back tearing up herself. 

"I never got to tell him we want to adopt him."

"He knows, he knows Lizzie."

She kisses her head comforting her best friend who shakes with sobs in her arms. Robbie walks in seeing the scene in front of him.

"What's wrong?"

"What if he doesn't wake up?"

Robbie walks over sitting on the other side of his wife. 

"I've been thinking that too, at least he'll always know we loved him unconditionally and we can cherish all the memories we made together like that day we took him to the zoo."

"And his face lit up when he saw the penguins," Lizzie chuckles wiping her tears. "He wanted to take one home with him."

"Remember the meerkats?"

"They were all over him, the zookeepers struggled to get them away from him."

They laugh reminiscing. They all start sharing memories of him, smiling and laughing for the first time in a while.

The three adults and five students stand in the room, it has been four months. Y/N has not woke up meaning they have to turn off the machines keeping him alive. There is not a dry eye in sight as everyone gets a turn to say goodbye to him. 

"Hey buddy, it's your dad." Robbie chokes up. "We know you've fought so hard to stay alive for us but you can let go now. We're gonna be okay and we're never ever gonna stop loving you." He ruffles Y/N's hair before he walks away wiping his eyes.

"Hi sweetie, we're gonna miss you so much. You're the best thing that ever happened to me every since you walked into my classroom. I love you so much and..." Lizzie takes a deep breath. "I want you to know you are my son and I have always loved you like one. Don't worry I'll look after Sir Waddles for you." She kisses his head crying as her lips linger before walking into her husband's embrace.

"Hi Y/N, it's Scarlett. I'm really sorry for the way I left things with you and if I could turn back time and give you the answer you wanted to hear from me I would. I miss you everyday even though you were a constant pain in my ass." She chuckles lightly wiping her tears. "If I could I would say yes to you in a heartbeat. I'd give you all the love I never got to but now I never can. Don't annoy the other angels or devils too much." She kisses his cheek as everyone chuckles at the last line. 

"You promised me you wouldn't leave me. I can't cope without you Y/N, life isn't the same if you're not here." Hailee cries hysterically as she clings to his hand resting her forehead on his. "I know you wouldn't want me to stop singing so I will sing my heart out everyday in your memory, I promise. I love you Y/N/N." She walks over to Zendaya who hugs her as Jacob walks over to him.

"We just got you back Y/N and now we have to lose you all over again except this time you aren't coming back. I don't know how I'm meant to pick up a controller or watch our favourite movies without you man. It wasn't meant to be like this." Jacob cries as he hugs Tom.

"I can't wrap my head around the fact you're really gonna be gone. It feels like a nightmare to know I won't walk into class and see your smile or hear your laugh." Zendaya wipes her eyes. "Every time I smell a cigarette I will think of you and it will kill me knowing it isn't really you there. It is gonna take everything in me to be okay with you gone but I know you're up there watching over me, love you buddy." She walks back to Hailee hugging her. 

"It feels like I'm losing my brother and in a way I am because you are the one who believed in me when no one else did. You brought all of us together, you got Zendaya and I together. I will always be grateful for having the pleasure of knowing you and being your friend. You are one of a kind and the thought of never seeing you again hurts so bad." Tom takes a breath as tears roll down his face. "I love you brother, I'll keep them all safe just like you did for us." He hugs Jacob. 

"You are a stupid idiot for leaving us but as much as I want to hate you, I can't because I love you so much. I wish we could laugh and joke around one more time, I wish I cherished those moments more but I didn't and I'm sorry for that but I will now. I will cherish every memory dearly and when I get there I'm gonna kick your ass for leaving me. Love you Y/N/N." Florence wipes her eyes joining the group hug.

The nurse looks at them all before making eye contact with Robbie who nods. She takes the tube from his mouth, the machine beeping before flatlining a few minutes later. She turns off the heart monitor. 

She leaves them alone to gather themselves as they all cry. Scarlett walks over to him kissing his lips softly one last time resting her head on his chest as she held his hand. Everyone starts leaving.

"Come on Scar, he's gone."

"I know, I-"

She quickly sits up after hearing a thump from his chest looking at him as the others watch her confused.

"Y/N?"