16- Touch

This chapter is dedicated to puppyzforme, because they've read almost all my books and make me feel seen.
Thank you.

'I can make you hurt, but the good type of hurt that makes you think of nothing else but what it would feel like to have my hand around your neck

'I can make you hurt, but the good type of hurt that makes you think of nothing else but what it would feel like to have my hand around your neck.'

Emery stared out the glass building she was in, a skyscraper, they called it

Emery stared out the glass building she was in, a skyscraper, they called it. She had been acutely surprised at the existence of a building like this in Öré, considering the fact it was a human development but Rowan had been the one to do the speaking, explaining it to her afterwards.

Apparently, the heading families, which came from the first seven people she brought into Öré, the original settlers of the place, decided to build it in her honour, giving her an office and the whole first floor.

And clearly, a lot of paper work.

At first, she had found the act suspicious. Emery was built for many things but staying around large groups of people that bore even the slightest negative emotion was enough to cause her to erupt and crash the building, killing everyone in it but Rowan had said it was obvious the people didn't know about her true powers so did not mean it.

She just summed up the action as a plan of the mystery person that wished for her return back here.

She still was not sure if they were friend or foe, her brain largely believing on the latter, but she still never spoke of it to Rowan. The male was tirelessly working everyday to make sure limited work reached her as much as possible, and the people, more limited. Talking about the fact that his Grandson was in potential danger from anyone was not something she could tell him of.

It was why she bore the madness that was this. Five years ago, she stayed in her cabin, letting them do as they wished. As long as there was no killing, she couldn't care less, but all of a sudden, she had to come to an office and a few times, engage in conversations she truly wished she could avoid.