13- Bleed

'Speak again

'Speak again.
It seems like the heart I never knew I possessed can bleed.'

"You restrict yourself from doing the things you want even though you are one of the most powerful people in the world

"You restrict yourself from doing the things you want even though you are one of the most powerful people in the world. You are allowed to feel good. You are allowed to pleasure yourself, Emery."

People say when you have too much power, you never know what to do with it until it kills you from inside. Emery Forest could still remember how she had felt the first time she had heard that statement and what her thought on it was.

Then I shall wait until it kills me.

And she had been waiting patiently because for someone as old as her, time was so fickle. So insignificant. She had hoped with the years that passed someone strong enough might be able to destroy her and the parasite she carried in her blood, but no one ever dared to try, and the one person who could, said she had her use for the world and was too important to be gone and then a while later, let some humans kill him.

Emery had only chalked it up as him being lucky.

It was not like she had not tried to let herself die in the hands of others, but every time she did, It made her fight back till she caused a damage that gnawed at her conscience continuously until nothing of it was left and she decided to bear the world as it was. Even though it sickened her, reviled her, made her want to erase it, she waited.

She bore.

Never had anyone told her she had the right to enjoy herself during the time she stayed on this Earth, and never had she heard anyone say her name after she changed it because no one dared to.

London Eli was nothing she had ever met.

Emery had lived lifetimes on him but he told her things she had never heard. Made her feel things she had not felt.

Made her go back on a word in the same timeframe she said it and caused her to think things she should not.

In truth, she was beginning to think that the only being that the world should be terrified of was not her, but him.