11- Jealousy

'

'

Whatever I act like, is what my love for you has made me.
And I haven't even begun.'

"So," London asked, his hand brushing the hair of the male seated on his stool facing the vanity mirror, his voice soft and caring

"So," London asked, his hand brushing the hair of the male seated on his stool facing the vanity mirror, his voice soft and caring. "You don't remember anything?"

Yahaira shook her head. Deep down, she was a little terrified of his sudden show of affection towards her, considering he enjoyed attention more on himself than anyone else, but her nerves seemed to relax at how tender he seemed.

Enjoy it while it last, it said, so she was.

London said nothing, his face still bearing no expression while his heart raced. He had been surprised when Yahaira had entered a second after Emery left, asking if he was alright, and wasn't mad at him, as she should have been.

For the first few seconds, he had only stared and three seconds later, launched himself on her, hugging and begging her to forgive him the then realized she had no idea what he was talking about, looking terrified.

So maybe a small part of him liked how she acted by his sudden need to be touchy, but the other part wondered what had happened. He wasn't stupid, he knew this must be connected to Forest somehow, he could sense it when he touched his friend.

Her body gave off a scent, a darkness that his body recognized.

A... Taint.

Even now, as he touched her hair, he could watch as spirals of black smoke leave it, some clinging unto his skin, melding into it so perfectly.

It made him miss her.

Think of her.

He wanted to ask what had happened. If she had done it for him. If she had felt... what he felt. That rush, that... Power. For the first time, London felt like he could finally stop being so useless, take hold of his life and get rid of everyone who ever hurt him.