Chapter 5- ☆Vulnerability☆

Y/n continued to awkwardly stare at Xolum, trying to think of a way they could comfort him. "No, no, it was my fault." Y/n scratched their head. Xolum and Y/n exchanged glances, "Just go back and rest." Xolum grumbled.

Y/n got even closer to Xolum, now even more concerned. "Are you ok." Y/n said the only thing on their mind, then they suddenly realized what they did, "Oh, I'm so sorry." Y/n covered their mouth, "....." Xolum stayed silent.

"Why aren't you sleeping like the others?" Y/n sat next to Xolum, he flinched, then he continued staring blankly at the sky. "I'm not tired." Xolum glared at Y/n, "Well, you need to rest, you don't want to be tired tomorrow." Y/n said as sweat dripped off their face.

Y/n's POV

Sweat was trickling down my face, was I really trying to comfort a creature from another realm? Not to mention, a creature that's part of a rebellion group that's against some powerful and enraged guy I don't know.

"I don't feel tired," Xolum said hoarsely, while I was figuring out what to say, Xolum suddenly turned his head to face me, "Why do you even care?"

"Well, because I just wanted to make sure that you're ok." I looked at him directly at his cylindric glass head, "Oh, thanks I guess." Xolum said sheepishly, we stayed silent for a while, looking at the stars sprinkled on the dark blue sky, "The stars are really beautiful huh?" I smiled at Xolum, hoping I could start some sort of conversation.

"Those aren't stars, those are white lights produced by soundwaves from Mantais, they are rare and don't usually appear." Xolum explained, wow, for a guy who likes torture, he really knows about this place, but it makes sense, he lives here. "Well, the scenery is still pretty nice." I said while observing the sky.

"Yes, it is." Xolum replied, I was glad that he seemed to be warming up, but he still looks....down, "You...seem to be fighting alongside the freedom fighters for a long time." I said, he looked down and mumbled, "A really long time, if there even is any time."

"That really cool." I complimented, "I've been with them for a really long time, I was on of the strongest." Xolum monologues, "but yet, I couldn't fend for them.", there was guilt in his voice.

"No no, i-it's not your fault." I reassured, "But it was my fault the base got destroyed." Xolum looked solely at the ground, "No-"

"If I hadn't brought you and your companions to the base, the base would still be ok." he said bitterly, I felt a sharp pain in my heart, but I somehow expected it, if me and Scott never came to their base, those soldiers wouldn't have destroyed their base.

"Sorry." I know that it was Cassie that got us stranded here, but I still apologized, "No no, it's not your fault....it-" Xolum went silent, "It was his fault."

"Who?", "Your friend, Scott." Xolum muttered, oh, so they're hunting Scott, but why? Everything happening around me is insane, I was just hoping for some nice lunch and now I'm here comforting a quantum creature, though, a really....cool one.

"Well, we ended up here on accident, but it's the person who attacked your base." I explained, Xolum sighed and continued looking upright, "It's just.....I let them down, I couldn't even save my own leader. There is still others that are kidnapped, I let my clan down."

After he said all of that, I was speechless, then I felt sympathetic, "Well, It's not your fault that you couldn't save them, you're a really strong fighter and you've done your best to fight against the troops." I pointed at the other Quantum people, "See, they're safe, and it's thanks to you that you're safe, if your leader isn't proud of that, I don't think there's anything that could make her proud, well except banishing all of your enemies."

Xolum was shocked, well he looked shocked, his hands where trembling and his head was pointed directly to me, "I-", he turned around and rubbed his glass head, "Thank you, for that."

"You are one of the coolest Quantum people I've seen so far, and I'm not changing that opinion." I smiled, Xolum chuckled a little, "That's.....nice to hear."

"Why did you decided to comfort me, even though I mentioned about torturing you before?" Xolum asked, "Well, everybody deserves a second chance, except Meowbahh (ok ok I'm sorry-)." I answered, "Who's Meowbahh-" "No questions."

".....I'm glad that I've rescued you." Xolum said softly, in contrast to his brash voice, "Well I'm grateful that you saved me, Scott and Cassie." I commented.

I smiled and yawned, "Well I feel tired, I think I need to sleep, are you sure you don't want to rest?" I walked towards the entrance, "No, I'm just going to stay here and.....look at the sky." Xolum declined, "Ok"

"Oh and also." Xolum raised his voice, I looked around, "Don't you dare tell anybody about this, and don't even think about it, Quaz could find out." Xolum grumbled, returning to his fierce and stern voice. I giggled and smiled, "I won't!"

No one's POV

Y/n walked into the machine and tucked themself in the sleeping bag, while Xolum continued to look at the sky, still thinking about what happened, he started feeling weird emotions, he tried to brush them off, but they kept on coming back. His head continuously glowed a darker orange hue. Why is this happening? he thought, he looked at the lights on the sky to try clear out his thoughts.

Then he realized something, all of those feelings, tied back to only one person, it was Y/n, they was the one making him feel so.....vulnerable.

Xolum sighed and laid down, still looking at the lights,

I wonder what stars are

How do things look like in Y/n's world?

How does time even work?

Did our conversation really mean anything?

Xolum snapped out of his thoughts, he started circling around, trying to focus, but he couldn't, he just couldn't stop thinking about what happened. Y/n......was a really interesting one. He sighed and decided to just look up at the sky, again, even though he did that before.

The sky was magnificent, he thought, it was sprinkled with sparkling lights, with dark blue and dark purple painted behind, it was a very beautiful scenery. The point is, it was really beautiful.

"Just like you..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoooo Hey guys, sorry for taking a long time to make this chapter, I have school and stuff and I can't stop procrastinating.

Also, I created Quantum Realm lore, ok, so Mantais are the manta like things that Janet, Hope and Hank where riding. They create visible soundwaves that can rarely create little white lights on the sky, that Y/n mistakes for stars.

Also, the scenery changes randomly, but if the scenery is in a darker hue, they usually rest, though, it just happens randomly.

I'm not going to discontinue this ok, It's just taking me a long time, so please bare with me😭😭😭😭