Behind the curtain

The three of you all stay quiet for a couple of minutes, sat awkwardly. You are still trying to process what just happened. Why was she so rude? Is she always like that? Because she definitely isn't like that when performing... You look at Bon-bon, and then at Freddy. He is staring at the floor, looking kind of.. Ashamed..? You shuffle a bit closer to him, and place your hand over the top of his in a comforting way. He lifts his gaze from the floor and makes eye contact with you.You hadn't realised how Blue they were before, you were too distracted. They look like brilliant pools of water so deep that you could stare into them for hours on end.

You two stare into each others eyes for a good couple of minutes which felt more like hours. Then you finally spoke up, "Are you okay Fred?"

He breaks eye contact for a moment and then responds, "Yeah, I'm.. Fine.."

you aren't convinced, "You look like you have something troubling you. You can tell us if you do, we won't judge you or think any less of you for it."

Funtime Freddy let out a sigh, "It's just... You had to see what just happened and it's probably put you off the restaurant..."

You were pretty shocked about what you had just had heard. He was worrying about you not coming back. You felt a small blush start to rise to your face, but ignored it, "Of course not! It was just one thing that you couldn't help! Why would that put me off the restaurant!"

"Wait... So you.."

"I am not just going to abandon this place," you said, almost instantly grabbing his hand and holding it in your own, "You... shouldn't think like that just because of one thing that has happened. It's the best way to bring yourself down." saying that made you feel wise.

"Thank you.."

"No problem. Now why was Circus Baby so rude?"

Funtime Freddy looked at Bon-bon, who nodded at him, and then looked back at you. He looked almost worried or panicked, " Circus Baby is very good at pretending... On stage, she looks like the nicest person in the world when in actual fact, she is incredibly cruel to all of us. She doesn't actually like children, no matter how much she seems like she does. Being cruel to us is a form of entertainment to her. Normally, me and Bon-bon would stay in Funtime Auditorium with Foxy after hours, but she made up a ridiculous lie about us and now we have to stay in here."

Bon-bon started talking as well, " She tried to decommission me and Freddy, but we were too popular with the children too remove suddenly."

You were shocked at how cruel she was behind the curtains. Not only had she taken them two off their stage at night, she had also tried to DECOMMISSION them both. You clenched your free hand into a fist. Why are some people so cruel. You thought to yourself. "Oh..My.. I'm sorry for asking."

"It's alright" Freddy said with a half smile. Both of you had forgotten you were holding hands and all of a sudden, both of you turned quickly away, turning a deep hue of red. "Ooo. Somebody's got a crush~" Bon-bon teased.

"B-BON-BON!" Funtime Freddy exclaimed, obviously flustered. Bon-bon started laughing at how flustered he had gotten. Meanwhile your face had turned bright red. Bon-bon was howling with laughter so much that Funtime Foxy had walked in wondering if everything was alright. "Is everything alright-" Funtime Foxy stopped, "Oh, I see." he snickered and left the Breaker Room.

After Bon-bon had stopped laughing and you and Freddy had turned less of a bright shade of red, Funtime Freddy turned and looked at you. "You should probably head back to where you live. The restaurants opening soon and I don't think the employees would take too kindly to you being here when we aren't open." he said, sounding kind of sad?

You nodded your head and waved goodbye to your new friends, Briskly walking out of the front doors and back to your flat. You were going to go back for lunch anyways..

But something was going to happen.......