Showtime

The sky is a cool grey colour, with blankets of clouds stretching across it. This is your favourite type of weather. People think you're crazy for liking it, but sunshine is overrated. The cool breeze sweeping over your cheek reminds you of when you were younger, playing in the park with your friends no matter the weather, flying kites, swinging on swings. You ask yourself when did those moments go by so quickly. It seems like just yesterday you were having your first day at school...

You walk slowly down the path, plugging in your headphones and listening to some of your favourite songs. 15 more minutes until his showtime starts, that's plenty of time to get there.

As you turn the corner, you see the familiar bright lights flooding the streets. The large black and red sign stuck out like a saw thumb. CIRCUS BABY'S PIZZA WORLD. You weren't even close to the entrance and you could already smell the mouthwatering scent of pizza filling the air. You glanced at your phone screen. 7 more minutes...

You thrust open the front double doors and was overwhelmed by the scent of pizza and the incessant sound of children's screaming and arcade machines. You wander over to a table by the side and sit patiently on your own. You glance up at the stage, the purple curtain still closed tightly. Funtime Freddy wasn't as popular as Circus Baby for obvious reasons ( She was the main mascot of the diner), but that didn't mean Funtime Freddy was unpopular. he had quite a few people come watch his shows, and you had memorised a few of his regular attendants. There was a little blonde girl who pretty much always wore the same blue dress and butterfly hair-clips. Another was a little boy with Hazelnut hair who often had a bandage on his face.

5 more minutes...

4 more minutes...

3 more minutes...

2 more minutes...

1 more minute...

The curtains drew back quickly, and jaunty music filled the room. You swiftly looked up and saw the purple and white polar bear on the stage, accompanied by his companion Bon-bon. You smirked to yourself when you saw all the little children rush up to the edge of the stage, cheering. You wished you could be like that again. Small and helpless...

You stared at the stage for a good long while. Did he just glance at me?! You immediately avert your gaze down to the table. Am I going insane, or did he just look at me?! You thought to yourself. Forcing yourself to look back up to the stage, you slowly move your eyes towards the bear. He was looking at all the children, telling jokes with Bon-bon. It must've been my imagination then... But I swear he did...

You were so busy debating on whether that had happened or not, you hadn't even realised the deep shade of red your face had turned to until you saw your reflection in one of the arcade game screens. You immediately covered your face with your hands, screaming internally. Why am I blushing so much!? I haven't been like this before at one of his shows!?

In a flustered panic, you quickly collected your belongings and rushed out of the door and back to your flat. Collapsing on your couch, you turned on the t.v, half listening to it whilst you stared blankly at your phone screen...

I can't believe what happened...