You're cold

"Is somebody there?" Funtime Freddy's voice filled the room. It was a lot calmer than you had anticipated.

"Freddy. Why can't you just go back to sleep?" Bon-bon groaned.

"Didn't you hear that?"

"Yeah. It's probably just Circus baby or something. Relax."

You huddled up tighter into the corner, tense. What would happen if they found me here?! All of a sudden, you hear footsteps padding across the floor of the breaker room. You quickly shut your eyes and pretended to be asleep, curling up on the floor in a more relaxed position, making it more convincing you were actually asleep. You had practised this trick lots as a young child, and had pretty much almost perfected it.

The floor was stone cold. It felt like you had led down in a fridge.

"Hello, is anybody-?" the walking stopped in its tracks. Had he seen you? "For god sake Freddy, what is it now?"

You heard him walking towards you once again, stopping at what seemed like a meter away from you. "It's the person who always comes to our show."

"What do you mean?- oh." you felt him crouch down and inspect you for a minute. You continued pretending to be asleep. He DID look at me?!?! You felt his hand brush gently against your cheek. It was so warm and soft and... comforting... "Poor thing, they're freezing cold"

He wasn't wrong. Ever since you had exited your flat, you had been shivering. After a while, it was like you went numb and stopped feeling cold. All of a sudden, you felt your weight lift up into the air, a pair of soft paws gently wrapping around you. Next thing you knew, you were cradled in his arms, pressed up against his chest. You hadn't truly realised how cold you actually were until he picked you up. It felt like you had just been lifted into a cloud. His fur was so soft, just like a pillow. His bow-tie felt like silk as it brushed over the top of your head. His breathing was steady and calm. You started to get butterflies in your stomach.

You slowly and slowly became more and more sleepy as he carried you back over to where he was standing. Sleep was coming closer and closer every second. Dozens of thoughts circled your head, but you were so exhausted that you couldn't focus on any of them. You let your weight sink into him as you buried your head in his chest, relaxing all your muscles. You were too tired to do anything at the moment. Too tired to take into account what had actually just happened. And soon enough, you were collapsed in his arms...