Conscription

I watch him leave, then look over at Nanami, "... Wh... What was that all about?"

"... Well... I think you'd better ask Mizuki that... I don't know the full extent of Mizuki's former life... But what I've gathered from when I first met him is that, to him, Lady Yonomori was a very very special person, someone he held dear to him..."

Held dear to him... I get up and run out to follow after Mizuki, but he's no where to be seen, "... Mizuki..." my heart aches, "Lady Yonomori was a very very special person, someone he held dear to him..." I wonder... Even though he is now here in this shrine with Nanami and Tomoe... Does he feel like he belongs... Or is he still waiting... Hoping... Yearning for the day when Lady Yonomori will return to him?

"O.M.G Hey Guurl!!" I loud voice pulls me from my thoughts I turn and peer back inside through the window, suddenly a huge gust of wind blows the blind up and it knocks me backwards.

"ouch..." Nanami rushes out to me and helps me up.

"y/n are you ok?" I nod as I stand.

"What on earth is a human girl doing living here with you guys?" I look up and am met with a very well groomed man, everything about him is beautiful, except for the glare on his face that's stabbing holes into me, "Nanami dear, since when were you a fan of picking up strays?"

"She's not a stray! She's my friend! And she's living here with me because she has nowhere else to go!" Nanami puts her arm around my shoulder defensively.

The tall man leans down and pull my chin up with his fingers, "... I hope you're at least making her do some chores around the house... I doubt she's paying you to let her stay so that's the least she can do..." he drops my chin and walks back inside, "anyway that's not why I'm here..." he looks around, "where's Mizuki?"

"He ran off, hopefully he's gone for good... why do you ask?..." Tomoe says.

"Because... the problem has to do with him..."