Conviction

"T... Tomoe!!!" Nanami yells out. I step away from her afraid of what I've done, I wrap my arms around myself trying to stop my anxiety.

Nanami looks at me, "I thought you were human... H-How can a human make water appear and heal somebody's wounds?..."

Tomoe suddenly appears next to Nanami, "Nanami... what is wrong?" he checks her for any signs of injury, "you look fine..."

"That's just it... If y/n hadn't been here I'd have a massive gash on my knee, right along here..." she traces her finger along her knee where the wound was, "and to top it off y/n was able to make water appear from nothing!" Tomoe looks over at me.

He stares at me for a few moments, "... She seems as human as human can get... There's nothing special about her aura... She's not even a yokai..."

I look down at my hands nervously, I try to think back to when I made it happen, when I made water materialise from nothing. No matter how hard I thought I couldn't remember it.

Tomoe stands and helps Nanami to her feet, "maybe you just thought, she made water appear..." Nanami looks up at Tomoe, face deadly serious.

"I know what I saw... I just need to know how she did it!"

"How she did what?" Mizuki suddenly walks over and stand beside me completely unawares.