𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙

Start from the beginning

"Are you kidding me?" Enid exclaims, stepping forward. "I've learned so much from you. Part of it is admittedly criminal behaviour, but... most people spend their entire lives pretending to give zero effs, and you literally never had an eff to give. Any chance you've got some sort of sneaky plan to elude Weems?"

"Xavier's right." Wednesday seems dejected as Xavier's harsh words had cut deeper than they thought. "This prophecy cannot come true if I'm not here. But it kills me to leave when Tyler is still walking around free."

"If he tries anything, we have a school full of gorgons, vampires and werewolves, ready and waiting." Enid points out, confident that they could eliminate the threat.

"Plus, Sephy and I will still be here." Hades reminds his sister, squeezing Persephone's shoulder. "We're not going down easily."

Enid beams at the words of support. "We've got this, Wednesday. I promise." Wednesday doesn't seem fully convinced but decides not to voice her doubts. "On a good note, I got a text from Eugene's moms. He woke up last night. Maybe Weems'll let you drop by on your way to the station."

Thing's sharp snapping catches everyone's attention. He motions that it's time to go which makes Wednesday close the lid of her final trunk. "I think we're all set."

Thing crawls forward as Enid addresses him, "Thing, I'm going to miss our makeup tutorials. And you better keep sending me moisturising tips. Stay in touch, okay?" Enid and Persephone both get the opportunity to fist bump the hand before he crawls into Wednesday's backpack.

"You and Thing take care of each other." Hades orders his sister, not wanting to admit that he's sad to see her and Thing go. Wednesday buckles up her bag and replies with an affirmative nod. Taking one final glance around her side of the room, Wednesday reminisces about the good memories she made during her time. She's surprisingly sad to be leaving it all behind.

Enid lets her emotions get the better of her as she takes quick steps towards Wednesday. "So, we're gonna..." Wednesday steps back to avoid the hug that Enid was trying to send her way. "You're right. Not hugging is kind of our thing."

◇ ◇ ◇

The trio descend the stairs to find Bianca and a few of the Nightshades waiting at the bottom.

"The plan wasn't to get you expelled." Bianca explains, gesturing to the people behind her. "We're sorry."

Wednesday ignores the apology and instead leaves them with a warning. "The Nightshades need to be ready for what's coming. Or a lot of people are going to die." Confused and concerned glances are shared among the Nightshade members. They hadn't expected the situation to be so serious.

Miss Thornhill came sprinting down the corridor, a large pot plant nestled in her arms. Persephone didn't miss the way Hades tensed next to her. He still didn't trust the woman. "I'm so glad I caught you. I was weeding my wolfsbane, and I just completely lost track of time. This is a parting gift." The plant was thrust into Wednesday's arms.

"White oleander." Persephone notes, familiar with the poisonous plant.

Wednesday's eyes widened in interest. "One of nature's deadliest."

"It also symbolises destiny and renewal." Thornhill explains, smiling at the two girls. "You're a very talented young woman, Wednesday. I can't wait to see what you do next."

Weems' iconic heels click closer to the group. "Wednesday. This time I'm personally escorting you to your train." Her familiar painted red smile was present on her face.

"I have one final favour." Wednesday requests, making the smile drop into a sneer.

"Good luck, Weds." Persephone mumbles to her friend, sensing the animosity between the two.

Weems plastered on a fake smile directed towards the other two students. "Hades, Persephone, I do believe it is time for the two of you to head to your own punishment."

Miss Thornhill nods along. "Indeed. Come along, Persephone." She gestures for the girl to follow her as she heads back down the corridor. Sending a brief, longing glance to Hades, Persephone speeds after her teacher. "I have a couple of tasks for us to complete so hopefully we will have a productive time together."

Hades' eyes follow his girl as she heads down the corridor, his fists unknowingly clenched by his sides. Principal Weems notices his rigid posture and narrows her eyes in concern. The Addams boy mumbles sharply to himself, not caring if anyone hears him, "I don't trust that woman."

Three pairs of eyes now follow the redhead as she talks in an animated fashion to Persephone. Wednesday pays particular attention to the red boots covering her feet, noting that they were a very unique choice of footwear and not something many people would go for. Something in Hades' gut screams at him to not let Persephone go with that woman, but he has no proof that Miss Thornhill is hiding something. A hunch is not convincing evidence.

"I think we've had enough false accusations for one semester." Weems declares, clasping her hands together. "Mr Addams, I think it's time you head to your punishment before you join your sister in being expelled."

Hades and Wednesday exchange a look with each other as Weems storms out. Wednesday and Hades always trust each other's judgement. They will always defend their sibling, even when they're at each other's throats. This glance shared between them spoke the words they didn't need to say outloud. If you don't trust her, I don't trust her. A quick nod from both of them and Wednesday is heading out of the doors of Nevermore.

Hades' gaze shifts to the corridor that Persephone had now disappeared from. Miss Thornhill was far too eager to be in charge of Persephone's punishment. Something about this situation did not sit well with Hades Addams. "I have a terrible feeling about this." He murmurs to himself with his jaw clenched.

Against all his better judgement, he walks away from the corridor. He trusted Persephone with every fibre of his being and he knew that she possesses more power than she believes she does. Hades just has to hope his instincts are wrong...

But he's definitely not going to his punishment. Nevermore hasn't changed him that much.

 Nevermore hasn't changed him that much