06-game day

(I'm picking up from the last chapter in his pov)

Caleb POV:

I never pictured Ionie as a person to be affected by the words I say but there she is looking like she's on the verge of crying.

And now I regret what I said and as I'm about to apologize the bell rings and she packing up quickly and rushing out.

As I'm packing up my stuff in the same pace motion,I walk out the classroom and she's nowhere in sight.Damn she's really fast was my only thought.

Knowing I wouldn't find her until tomorrow morning I walk to gym to warmup before the game today.

Now in the locker changing to my jersey #7 and matching shorts.After putting on my clothes I sit down to put my kyrie low 4s.

After finishing putting on everything I take of my ankh necklace as well as a few wristbands before I join my team which is outside the locker room.

"Glad you could join us Johnson but anyways as I was saying it's the first game of the season Meadow Brook is not gonna play easy and I don't expect you either so boys show them why we're undefeated."

That speech does the trick as my teammates are hyped up and ready.I do a few stretches before going on the court and practice my dunks.

The crowd starts filing in for the game and eventually the place is pack.

"Damn I never seen this much people at one of our games before."says Zeke who's my best friend and teammate.

"Yeah and why so happy,your girlfriend coming to see her big boy play ."I say teasing him of how smitten he is over his girl.

"Fuck you and yes Anna and your little crush Ionie are coming."he says making him have the last laugh

And with knowing that info I can finally catch her to apologize for what I said to her earlier.

The refs whistle blows signaling that the game is starting.We shake hands with the other players before standing in on positions.

With everyone is in position for the tip off we are relaxed because we have a teammate name Max Robinson who's like 6'3 maybe taller than that, but that doesn't matter the on thing to sum it up is that the boy is a giant. And with Max being our tallest player on the roster he is sure to win the tip off.

And just like that we are in possession of the ball.

Dribbling while crossing Meadow Brook player I am met with not one but two of there player blocking and trying to push me off the court.

But with quick instinct I toss the ball to Zeke and with that he holds it enough for me to run pass the opposing player and gives me a nice throw towards the hoop to where I finish the play and dunk it into the hoop.

That causes the crowd and the bench to go wild.Now I know why I like playing basketball so much.

1 1/2 hours later

With the score tied due to Zeke's dunk.I'm now handed the ball I dribble with Zeke screening other team's player but as I'm about to go for a easy a lay up but Malik the opposing teams best player in my opinion blocking me hindering me from doing play.

So with that I knew it was time to change my play. I cross him before I pass the ball to Malik who holds it over his head getting ready to throw and when I'm in position on the corner.As he throws it here comes Malik charging towards me causing me to step back to make a three...and it goes in.

The bench comes running towards me and cheering as I hear the crowd screaming making me realize I might turn deaf cause of the crowd.

As I'm scanning the crowd laughing at all the screams in the gym, I see the girl who could steal my heart if she wanted to do whatever with it.

She had on a gray essential hoodie with baggy light blue jeans. She has a black beanie on and honestly I didn't even think she had a big effect on me until now.

Like the feeling of just want to kiss her till I can't breathe is sending into an overload but here I am wondering what's it gonna be like if we wasn't rivals.

Now getting out of my daze Anna comes running to Zeke ,kissing him on the lips like he just proposed to her.

But what interested me was Ionie walks right behind her as she comes up to she goes in for a hug.

Since it's foreign for her to ever do that to me I hesitate before hugging her and while we are hugging she says the words I never thought she would say.

"Congratulations on your win Johnson,proud of you".And just like that my heart goes into a different type of state where it's like I fall for deeper as life goes on and takes its course.

And with that I let my intrusive thoughts take over and I kissed her.

Yes that's right I KISSED IONIE HARRISON!!!

but I wasn't expecting the drastic change which was caused by this action.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word Count:893

Love you all I see you in the next chapter💕💕💕