Chapter 28 - Wake up! He's a child

"Oh my freaking God, why the hell are you so light?"

I placed Jin-Woo on my back. He still isn't waking up. I never really thought of it before but I could actually feel Jin-Woo's magical powers. Only now did I realize that Jin-Woo really had his mana levels drained to a pulp.

It's still a long walk to my car. This bastard was untraceable for the entire day and then decided to reappear in a wormhole fully deflated and was now unconscious. I struggled to climb up the hill to get to my car. When I reached it though, I opened it and absentmindedly threw Jin-Woo on the passenger's seat.

"Oh God, I'm sorry." I adjusted his position and when I put his seatbelt on, my face was so close to his that it got me flustered resulting me to hit my head on the roof of the car. "Shin-Ah!" I whispered screaming while trying to relieve the pain in my injured head. "That is a child!"

He looked really familiar, though. He looked exactly the same as the Jin-Woo in the first chapter of the manhwa. I stared at him for a while. He looks so fragile. I fixed his hair a bit so it wouldn't block his airways. Damn, he looks so different from that usual annoyingly handsome MC. I sighed. He must've worked so hard in the other world but why was he reduced to this state?

I drove to the nearest convenience store first to get some meds and food. I obviously can't take him to his house so I opted to let him crash at my place for the night.

"M'lady? You brought another stray." My eye twitched a bit with Fabian's greeting. Seoyeon popped out of nowhere beside Fabian.

"I thought you were coming home late."

Seojin walked in from behind Fabian.

"Eh? Whose kid is that?"

I should've stayed in a hotel or something. But I don't want it to just be me and Jin-Woo in one room.

"Can't you guys help me out first?" Fabian grabbed Jin-Woo and carried him instead. Wahhh. Stretching my arms and back never felt so good. "Prepare a room for him. He'll be staying for the night."

"You didn't steal this child from someone else, did you?" I almost leapt when my grandfather stood beside me out of the blue with crossed arms.

"Jiji, I'm not a kidnapper." I whispered. "It's Jin-Woo."

Fabian and the other two kids left anyway so they wouldn't hear us.

"How is that child..."

"Beats me." I shrugged. "He just appeared in front of me and in that form."

"How long do you think he'll take that form?"

"I don't know. Ugh. Should I call his parents?"

"He's not a kid anymore. Well, he is now. What I'm saying is I'm sure his parents will understand if he doesn't call back in at least 24 hours." We both stared at each other, weighing what he just said. "You should probably call them."

"I should probably call them."

I was able to get through Jin-Ah because of her resume that I had to search for about three hours in the office. Yes, I had to drive back to the office again, call my secretary, and then dial Jin-Ah's phone.

"Hello?"

"Wah! Shin-Ah unnie!" I had to distance my poor ear from the phone. How can this child be so loud in the middle of the night?

"Can you keep it down a bit, Jin-Ah?" I was still heading back down to my car in the parking lot of the LSY building. "I just called to say that Jin-Woo passed out and is currently staying at my place. You don't have to worry about him even if he doesn't contact you tonight."