Chapter 17 - What a Drag

Remember when I said you don't get to pick what kind of day is served in front of you? Yeah, I was wrong about yesterday. Today was the one with the BS.

"I'm starting to lose trust in the new chairman." Nam Myeong Hee, has 13.8% ownership of the company. "Wasn't it clear that you would only get our votes if you successfully killed Sung Jin-Woo? Then we suddenly see him beside you? Obviously still alive! Please explain this, Miss Chairman." 

There are thirteen members present in today's board meeting. My secretary was supposed to present the problems for this quarter especially the clients' feedback of the Aeon phone launchers. In addition, the company intends to work with a Chinese app developer on a virtual reality video game. I was also excited to discuss the possibility of sponsoring this bunch of young boys who will be competing in an E-sport that is currently sweeping the globe.

And yet they would rather talk about my personal activities. 

"I've heard you wanted to use him to your advantage." Seo Moon Joo, 5.3% ownership. "However, wouldn't this put your personal safety in peril if he turns out to be simply wanting the company's information through you? What's the status of your relationship with him?" 

"We've been discussing over the past few weeks if the Chairman is actually mentally and emotionally capable of handling the group's affairs." Vien Alan Muller, 8.7% ownership. "Sung Jin-Woo, no matter how difficult the case, always managed to track down the criminals. That individual has a hundred percent success rate. He never fails to hit the target."

I sighed. It would be a bit dangerous if they found out that we constantly cross each other's paths. I'm sure the board will be nosy this time around so communication with Jin-Woo will be a problem. It can't be helped. 

"The Baekho group also came to your rescue that night. Using a soon to be dissolved group rather than asking for our group's aide, isn't it a bit too reckless, Miss Chairman?" Arnold Chua, 24% ownership. "As members of the board, we request that you be more transparent with your plans."

Someone big had been quiet for a while, though. Choi Jae Wa, Jong-In's father. Honestly, I don't see why he's still sitting here as a member when he's also got a lot of other businesses to tend to.

Well, whatever. He's been looking for me all these years, it's understandable that he keeps staring at me like that. I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to be as "the asset" but I'll be discussing that with my dad. Fabian's giving me the silent treatment after yesterday. Sigh.

"First of all, don't question my decisions. Second, don't pry into my personal life. Third, this meeting ends here."

"Miss Chairman!" Ugh! I'm having a headache just staring at their faces. 

"I'll make sure my relationship with Mr. Sung JinWoo doesn't interfere with the company's operations. I'm very aware of what I'm doing and the power I wield. Don't make me use it against you," 

I said, my eyes sharpening and my voice becoming more stern. 

"Since my appointment to this chair, I've heard nothing but complaints, although the company's sales, production, and international engagement have all skyrocketed in a short amount of time. If there's a problem with the company's status, I'll be the one to answer to it. My team has been working to resolve the problem from yesterday. My public appearances will decrease, so you won't have to worry about my irresponsibility tarnishing the company's reputation. Now that that's settled, I'll take my leave."

I stood up, adjusted the hem of my coat and quietly went out of the room. As soon as I entered the elevator, I spanked myself real hard. It hurts, a tear almost fell from my eye. Okay, now I'm awake. That board meeting was so boring, I almost fell asleep.