Chapter 23 - Kidnapping Hae-In

I just realized... I almost died yesterday!

I mean, I was too confused and hurt by the fact that I like-- Shin-Ah likes Jin-Woo and he never even knew about her existence. I shouldn't be bothered about it but I almost died yesterday in the most painful way yet all I was thinking about was Jin-Woo, Jin-Woo, Jin-Woo.

"Ughh! And if Fabian knows about this, he'll kill me for sure." I didn't bring one of the maids because why would I think about people coming to kill me on my vacation? Should I report this to him?

I was pacing back and forth inside my room when I heard a knock all of a sudden. I ran towards the door and peeked through that small glass on the door. 

Shit!

I panicked, not knowing where to go or what to do. Should I fix my hair?. God, I haven't taken a shower yet. My heart began to race, thumping and pounding as if it was trying to break my chest open and open the door itself. 

But then my phone started ringing. I sprinted to get it to shut up, shoving it under a pillow. I don't even know why I'm not letting him figure out that there's a person in this room.  When it finally went silent, I checked who called but it was an unregistered number.

Fabian bought me a new phone and only Fabian has my contact information. Who else would be calling me? I asked myself while holding the phone up my chest. I was about to turn back to the door when-- 

"Oh my fucking shit." He's already inside the room. 

"You weren't picking up so I invited myself in." Yeah, and giving me a heart attack! I looked down at my phone and only then did I realize I was only wearing a robe and my underwear beneath it. 

"What the! Turn around, dummy!" I threw him a pillow but he caught it and did not budge. Good thing it was blocking his vision so I quickly fixed my posture and my robe. 

"Don't worry. I saw nothing."

Hah. And that's supposed to make me feel better? That just means he doesn't see me as a woman. I harshly pulled the pillow and threw it on the bed then walked towards the sofa by the window. 

"What do you want?'

"Help me with this case." He took the seat opposite mine. My heart's excitement was replaced with anxiety. I gulped and cleared my throat by coughing. 

"Okay?" I can't show him that I'm nervous. "Ask away."

"Did you have breakfast already?"

"I have no idea about the case but if you let me read the files, maybe I can-- Excuse me, what?"

"I asked if you've eaten breakfast already." He asks again, chuckling as he leans back  into his seat. I was too nervous that I didn't even process the question properly and had prepared my words in advance to drive him away from the truth. 

"I... have not." I was a bit suspicious because he just told me he needs help with the case. 

He stood up and walked towards the door but not leaving without nagging me once again. "Tsk. You're such a kid. Wait here. I'll grab us breakfast."

Hehe... Okay? I picked myself up and took a shower first before changing my clothes. I only wore a sleeveless top over a black tube and denim shorts then sneakers.

I was in the middle of putting my shoes on when someone knocked on the door again. I opened it for Jin-Woo with the thought in my head: why can't he just teleport to my room?

"Do you want me to see you getting dressed?" I winced when he answered my question even though it was just in my head.

"I really have to be careful when you're around."