Chapter 3: The Cult's Greeting

' thoughts'

"Air quotes"

Name: talking

Damn: voice change

() author speech

[] reading

** scene/expressions/POV changes

*y/n's pov year timeskip*

It's been some years now since I found and healed alpha, and formed shadow garden. While I still trained and practiced my skills. Me and alpha found eight more females who were afflicted by the curse, and after healing them, they immediately joined shadow garden. Currently I'm thirteen years old, and my friend claire who is now fifteen, is about to go to midgar royal spellsword academy.

*the river near the kagenō estate*

Me, claire, one of her maid's, and my bodyguard came to the river.

While claire is preparing to leave for the academy. That doesn't mean me and she can't still sword practice together.

Claire: *smile, got into stance* Ready for another round n/n.

Y/n: *smiles, got into stance* Ready cee-cee.

The two friends went at full speed, and as soon their swords clashed an explosion occur.

While the dust around was still large, claire went for a speed strike, but I quickly dodged her attack and speed to her left side to strike

While the dust around was still large, claire went for a speed strike, but I quickly dodged her attack and speed to her left side to strike. But claire quickly blocked my attack, though she still got pushed back a bit from the force of my attack.

Claire *smirks in excitement* You've been training well for the past years, haven't you n/n.

Y/n: *smirks back* Well, I can't lose to my rival and friend, can't I cee-cee.

Claire: *smirks* Indeed. Now try this!!! *disappears instantly*

I was surprised a bit, but sensing her magic I was able to block her attack in front of me. After that me and claire then unleashed a barrage of sword attacks and blocking each other's attacks at the same time.