To see you again

The inside of the car was silent. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were up front , and Chanyeol was driving but none of them talked, although Kris could see the glances between the two. He could feel the nervousness radiating from them. This was important after all. To them as much as him. He knew how important Kai was for them, and they knew how important Tao was to him.

He faced the window. Everything was dark outside but he wasn't even looking at that. He was thinking about Tao. He wondered in what kind of state will his mate be when they find him finally. He hoped, prayed actually that he would be alive. A shudder went through his body and he felt a small hand on his shoulder. The dark thoughts vanished and his heart filled with warmth. He looked at D.O. who was sitting beside him and when he saw that his brother had a soft reassuring smile on his lips he relaxed a little.

He still couldn't believe it though. That D.O. is here in front of him. He tried to learn about the latter as much as he could in the past two days and he wished to find out more about him. He wanted to make up for all the lost time.

D.O. told him that he forgives him for everything but Kris couldn't really shake off that feeling of guilt when he sees his brother slumped back in a the seat his eyes wide open but blank. Kris knows what is going through his mind. It's the same thoughts that fill his own heart with worry, ever since Tao was taken. Kris knows D.O. is thinking of Kai and it pained him. It pained him to know that he was the one responsible for all of this. No matter how much D.O. tries to reassure him ,he will never forgive himself for being this stupid and naive. For letting revenge cloud his mind.

"I'ts going to be okay. " he heard his brother say and he let his lips form a small smile. It was a miracle what kind of effect D.O. had over him.

"We will find them and they will be home soon. " the smaller one continued "They will be with us again. "

"I do hope so D.O. " he said as he saw that the latter fidgeted nervously. "What is it? " he asked.

"Oh... I'ts nothing. " the small Omega replied.

"I know we didn't have a chance to live like a real family, " he said with a low whisper " But I really want you to trust me. I haven't been the best person in the past few months and nothing I do can justify what I did.. "
"Kris don't , " Kyungsoo cut him off, " I already told you. We all said it. It's fine, just stop apologizing. You had your reasons and if any of us were in the same situation God knows how we would react. "

"Yeah, I know you all said that, " Kris felt his voice shake a little "It's just hard when I have to look myself in the mirror. I just feel guilty. " he sighed " But I wan't you to know that you can talk to me about anything. " he finished and looked straight to his brothers eyes.

"I know I can trust you, and I do... " Kyungsoo started.

"Then what is wrong? " Kris cut him off softly.

"I just... I don't know .... " Kyungsoo looked nervous. " I feel like , oh God. I don't want to say it out loud Kris. " And Kris could see the fear in the owl like eyes.

They were full of tears . He place a hand over the small shoulders and pulled his brother in a hug. He heard Kyungsoo sniff a little by his side and he felt the way the wolf was shuddering.

"Kris... " a small voice croaked " I feel like something bad is going to happen. "
Kyungsoo finished and Kris's heart clenched at that. He looked out of the window again so he could calm his own breathing. After a few moments he turned to face his brother again.

"Everything is going to be fine. " he told him and he patted the soft red hair.

But he felt it too. He just couldn' t bring himself to say that to D.O. because it would just make him worry even more. And he didn't want that. They all needed to be focused.