Chapter 18

Early in the morning, Qin Shi cooked breakfast on the stove and heated it. She took the bus with her basket and rushed to the supply and marketing cooperatives to grab meat.

If she wants to invite Aunt Zhao's family to dinner in the evening, she still has to cook two dishes.

Qin Shi was not the earliest, but she was not too late. Fortunately, she bought the last pork.

After buying meat, she bought another fish, and then continued to stroll until the basket was full of all kinds of things. Qin Shi then stopped.

Not long after returning home, Aunt Zhao came to the house with a lot of vegetables in her arms. "They are all grown at home, so I can buy them cheaply."

Qin Shi was also polite. She took it with a smile. "Thank you, aunt. Remember to come to my house for dinner tonight?"

Aunt Zhao waved, "Don't worry; I will come early."

After a few more jokes, Aunt Zhao just left.

The children had already gotten up, and the twins were looking at the fish in the basin in the kitchen, trying to touch it with their hands.

"Is it dead or alive?"

"It doesn't move. It should be dead."

An An was brave. In order to determine whether it was dead or alive, she resolutely reached out and poked the fish gently.

The half-dead fish suddenly shook its tail, and An An hugged her hands and screamed, while Ping Ping sat down on the ground with his butt.

Qin Shi was amused by them and laughed out with a poof.

Gu Qinghai, who picked up the twins, heard the voice and looked up. Qin Shi glanced at him and did not speak. She went directly to her own business; he could not help biting his lips.

Is Qin Shi still angry with him about yesterday?

Gu Qinghai felt lost for some reason. His eyes followed her all the time, and his thoughts of apology came out again.

But he was a little embarrassed and didn't speak for a long time.

Seeing Qin Shi preparing to wash vegetables, Gu Qinghai rushed to help her, "I'll help you!"

Qin Shi gave him the vegetables and turned to cut the meat.

Gu Qinghai saw that Qin Shi still wouldn't talk to him, so he scrambled to work, which made Qin Shi much easier.

Qin Shi felt funny when she saw Gu Qinghai stealing glances at herself from time to time. She was not angry with Gu Qinghai at all. After all, she was only Lu Zetian's wife in name but actually a nanny.

"Stepmother" is a career for Qin Shi, and she has prepared for it. The pressure resistance of modern workers is competitive. Gu Qinghai's words, Qin Shi didn't feel it at all.

In fact, she had prepared for the worst, but she did not expect that the three children of the Lu family were not bears and were very clever and adorable. This situation was very good.

The deliberate "cold" treatment of Gu Qinghai is actually Qin Shi taking the opportunity to educate him and break his awkward temperament.

When Qin Shi was ready to take the dishes, Gu Qinghai handed them over. When he saw Qin Shi looking at him, he subconsciously looked away from her.

Qin Shi saw that the heat was almost ready. She took the plate and opened her mouth. "Thank you."

When Gu Qinghai saw Qin Shi "softening", he immediately came to his senses and summoned the courage to say to her, "Well, yesterday... don't be angry, I just lost my cool."