14. Secret Lovers

Start from the beginning

I gulp. Fuck! He's not small. Scratch that. He's not an average size. Was this the reason we went all night at that frat party? "Oh, hullo, buddy, long time no see."

Ashton chuckles before yanking my panties down. "Maybe it's time to let him meet his other old friend."

"Good idea." I shudder when I feel his fingers run back and forth over my slit, then they're replaced with the tip of his cock.

"You're so wet, so ready for me."

"Save the talk for later. Put it in now," I say, half growling. "Wait, no, condom. We need condoms."

"Shit. It's upstairs in my room. Let's do it bare once, I'm clean and I'll pull out." His movement is getting bolder, making my brain go wonky for a moment.

"I'm super clean and super unprotected. We need condoms."

Grunting, he props up and pulls my hand as he gets out of the sofa. "Upstairs. Now."

Like two kids running for a candy treat, we run upstairs totally naked, giggling all the way. Ashton leads me to the first door from the stairs landing, and a bedroom painted navy blue welcomes us. The same as the living room on the first floor, one side of his room wall is also built of glass, allowing the glorious sun to caress every part of his chamber.

"Whoa!" I squeal when he scoops me up and throws me to his soft bed, earning a smirk from him.

He shuffles to his nightstand's drawer and in the next seconds, he hovers over me, wrapped and ready for our battle.

"Wait, the window is still open," I murmur when I feel the head of his cock pressing into my slick entrance.

He leans in to lick my lips and mumbles, "Let them see. Let them see me fucking the woman who has been messing with my head for months." He pushes deeper. "The woman who carried my baby." Another push. "The mother of my child." The last push.

I sigh at the sensation of his dick filling me up perfectly. The last time we did this, I was totally buzzed and my mind was on someone else. But not this time because I'm now his, body and soul. "Welcome home."

And he never holds back in ravishing his home all afternoon.

After debating for thirty minutes on what movie to see, we end up picking The God Must Be Crazy just to have some laughs

After debating for thirty minutes on what movie to see, we end up picking The God Must Be Crazy just to have some laughs. We've also ordered some pizzas and other naughty snacks despite Ashton's objection. I know him and his weird obsession with healthy eating habits but I refuse to acknowledge it for now. We need to give ourselves a break and just be bad sometimes. It's called life balance. Right?

"You need to install air conditioning in your house," Ashton says as he settles next to me. He then urges me to lay my head on his chest while I rest my feet on the sofa, careful not to stain the white fabric.

"I know," I mumble. "I've been planning to do it but I wanted to wait until I got my permanent status in the Remington Group."

He clicks his tongue. "You're hurting my feelings, Char."

"How so?" I turn my head to look up at him but instantly get distracted by his chiseled jaws covered with the five o'clock shadow. Is it legal to be this hot even after those back-to-back fucking we just had?

"You indirectly told me that we didn't pay you enough during your probation period."

"No, it's not that." I chuckle at his reply. "It's...hard to explain."

"Try me."

"Okay. Let's see where I can start." I nibble my lower lip. "As you know, I wasn't born into a wealthy family with unlimited money" —I point one finger at his chest— "like you."

"Like me." He grabs my forefinger and keeps it in his hand.

"My parents earned a decent income but it was basically just enough to raise Sophie and me properly without having to strangle themselves financially. Sophie and I got everything we needed, and we were sent to good schools so that we had more choices for our future, and became independent human beings. But being independent was my worst struggle because of how I was.

"When I was younger, I used to live day by day and refused to learn how to become a reasonable adult. I didn't have savings because I spent all my allowance on traveling or whatever tempted me at the time. Until the day Chloe came into my life."

Ashton's fingers brush my hair delicately. "Go on. I'm listening."

"So, after our daughter was born, I was forced to change, and the most challenging one was how to be a reliable provider for Chloe. I might have gotten lucky with jobs because of my qualifications, but I'm also prone to become an impulsive money spender. To help me control the urge, I made a vow that I would spend a large amount of money on leisure things only when I achieved a certain goal, you know, as a reward for myself. So, this air conditioning is my reward for passing my probation with a good performance appraisal."

"Getting air conditioning is nothing leisure."

"Says the person who grew up having it all his life." I roll my eyes.

"You can send the bills to me," says he in a commanding tone.

I frown, turning my head to look up at him again. "What?"

"You should make a call tomorrow and order the central air conditioning for your house. And let me take care of the rest."

"I can't believe you." When Ashton looks down with a confused look, I continue, "I told you about how I am and how my mind works because I wanted you to understand me. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not dating you for your money, Ashton."

"That's not what I meant," he replies carefully. "It's just...men's intuition to provide for their family and to give them the best life. Nothing against your dignity. I swear."

I fix my gaze on him, trying to find any signs of pretense but of course, I detect nothing. He's just too advanced in this poker-face game after all.

"So, are you becoming my daddy now?" I ask teasingly.

Ashton peers down at me, raising one eyebrow. "So, is this how you wriggle yourself out of a serious discussion? By shifting it to naughty topics?"

I laugh at his remark. "Whatever it takes to make it work."

"Well, it doesn't work on me." He pokes the tip of my nose. "So, let me pay it?"

"No," I reply before turning my head back to the TV screen, feeling his finger twitching on my hair.

I just don't get why men do this. Instead of listening to their women's blabber, they focus more on solving the problem. Women can do their own shits for god sake. At some point, they just need to be listened to and to be understood. That's all.

"Let me pay half of it then?"

"Nope."

"Twenty-five percent?"

"Try again and I'll go home."

"Okay, okay. Jeez."

⭐⭐⭐