Thoughts run wild in Derek's mind as he tries to make sense of the situation, until his gaze suddenly shifts to realization.

"Y-you're the alpha?" Derek asks him with a shaky voice.

Peter's smile slowly disappears. There's a painful look appearing in his eyes. He is scared of how Derek is going to react.

Jennifer's voice echoes in his head.

They are the reason your family is dead.

The only family you have left is Derek and do you really think he still cares about you when he finds out you killed Laura?

Peter nods slowly.

He wanted to explain how much he didn't want to hurt Laura, but he couldn't get the words out. He was too focused on Derek's pained face and the sharp smell of grief and betrayal that came from him.

Derek growls loudly as he starts attacking him. He punches Peter and grabs him by the collar of his jacket and throws him to the ground.

"You killed Laura! Why did you kill her!?" Derek growls.

Peter remains lying on the floor as he groans in pain. He doesn't want to fight his nephew. He knows that he deserves this.

He feels still a little weak. He remembers that when he woke up this morning, Jennifer was standing next to his bed with a syringe in her hand.

Just like she did almost every week.

The syringe was filled with wolfsbane which she injected into his arm. The pain he was in was terrible. It was a fiery burning pain. It was horrible. It made him feel like he was in the burning house all over again. The burning of the wolfsbane reminded of the fire touching his skin. It was torture.

He tried to distract himself from the pain so that it wouldn't hurt as much as it did, but he couldn't. He couldn't think of anything but the pain he felt.

The feeling, it made him feel angry.

It made him feel so angry.

The feeling of being in the house fire again and again and again. It made him vengeful.

Then Jennifer started saying things to him.

You don't want your family to be disappointed in you for not taking revenge for them, do you?

She started manipulating him.

You are here all alone.

Your family doesn't care about you. If they did, they would have visited you.

You know, if you want them to care about you again, you can make the people who did this to them pay.

Prove to me that you are not as useless as they think you are.

And that's what he did. He did the things she told him to do.

He just did.

Peter didn't understand what was going on. He felt like he was going crazy. He was no longer in control of his wolf.

But then, someone started talking to him.

It was odd at first. When she walked into his room the first time, he thought it was Jennifer. But when he listened to the sound of the footsteps he knew that it wasn't her.

Jennifer's footsteps were heavy and loud while Lydia's footsteps were soft and hesitant.

At first Peter thought she had ended up in the wrong room. Because no one ever visited him, so why would a stranger.