21. Care and Comfort

Inline comments are love❤

As soon as we entered the apartment, I threw my backpack, I crashed myself on the bed. I was feeling lazy, and lethargic and didn't want to do anything.

"Don't sleep. Have something first," he sat next to me, caressing my cheeks. I nodded, closing my eyes. Manik and I left the next day in the morning. Everyone wanted to join us but Manik convinced them to enjoy this trip. Thank God they agreed otherwise I would have felt bad that their trip got spoilt because of me.

I didn't want to remember the incident but every time I close my eyes, a lone tear escapes. First Millers scene at my house and then this. Why me? I got up and went into the kitchen where manik is cooking. I rested my face on his back and slid my hands around his stomach.

"Hey," he spoke

"Rose," I just closed my eyes in response.

"You sit on the table, I'll get the food," I left and sat on the sofa. He switched on the TV and played slow music. He sat next to me with a bowl of pasta in his hands.

"Rose, open your mouth," I obliged. He kept feeding me and he ate in between.

"Why can't boys understand, when we say no means it's a no," I started pouring my heart out, "I told him to stop, but he- he grabbed me. His lips were all over my neck," I cried in pain remembering the incident. Manik held my hands, listening to me, "I cried telling him to stop. I tried pushing him but he was too strong. He ripped my dress," I burst out wailing. He immediately took me in a bone-crushing hug, "Why manik, why? First Miller and now this. I didn't lead them, I didn't provoke them, then why me? It makes me feel dirty." I cried on his chest.

"You want to take a shower? Or do you want me to warm the jacuzzi?"

"I'll take a shower."

"You want help?"

"Nope. I'll be fine." What if he thinks I am dirty and impure? I have the person's scratches on my front.

I walked into the washroom and undressed myself. I saw the red marks on my breast area and neck. My hands were bruised because of his hold. What if manik leaves me now? So many people have seen what's his.

Rose. I am a very possessive man when it comes to my girl. I don't like others touching her, seeing her is far from my imagination.

I switched on the shower and let the water consume me. I closed my eyes, feeling its warmth. I heard the shower glass slide. I know he is here but still I didn't open my eyes.

"The water is too cold," he set the water temperature.

"Manik,"

"You think so low of me Nandini," I looked at him and frowned.

"You thought these marks on your body would change my feelings for you?" I looked down, ashamed. How can I forget, he is manik? Without me saying anything he understands and gets to know everything.

"Look at me Nandini," He held my chin, compelling me to look at him, "I love you Nandini for who you are, not for your body. Just because we are sexually involved a little more that doesn't mean we don't share other emotions or love. We are connected Nandini, our hearts are connected," he wiped my tears, "If I can love you at your best, I do love you at your worst too. My love will never fade away, no matter what," he kissed my forehead, lovingly.

"I thought these marks would remind you of another man touching what's yours. Trust me manik, I didn't entertain him," I nodded frankingly.

"I trust you," he said looking into my eyes. I hugged him. He held me closer.