9. Be my girlfriend?

Inline comments are love

Manik POV

"Holy fudge, Rose" I immediately rushed to her before she could hit the ground.

"What is wrong with you? You could have hurt yourself. Real bad." I tried putting some sense into her but nothing worked. She clinged to me closing her eyes with deaf ears. I sighed in frustration. This girl never cares about herself. I didn't wake her up cause she looked so serene and peaceful while sleeping. I thought of having breakfast in bed with her but here she was, walking in half asleep almost tripping herself from the mat.

"Rose, I am talking to you." I patted her face, trying to wake her up.

She slapped my hand away, "Let me sleep."

"Well for that there is a bed and a couch." I chuckled.

"Do you have a problem if I sleep like this?" she asked.

"No, but-"

"Then shhh and let me sleep." She hugged me cutely with an innocent pout on her face. I giggled at her cuteness.

"Gosh. You are so cute. What am I suppose to do with you?" I kissed her hard on the cheek.

"For now, just let me sleep." she nagged in irritation.

I pulled her closer to me while moving towards the stove. I started making sandwiches and orange juice.

"Do you stay alone?"

"Yup"

"Why? Where are your parents?"

"My parents live in Texas and I like staying alone. It's fun."

"Fun?"

"Ya. I like freedom. I don't like someone controlling my life and being ordered. I like to do what I love. For instance, I am not answerable to anyone, I can do what I want when I want. Party, friends, chilling." I switched off the stove and looked at her.

"My life is completely opposite. I am caged, being ordered my entire life. Can't do what I want to, can I?" She said looking down, sighing.

"Hey, Rose." I made her sit on the kitchen slab, "Your life will also be the same as mine. Trust me. Just give me some time."

"I don't think so. And please don't give me false hope." she got down.

"Anyways what's there for breakfast? I am hungry." I set the breakfast table without saying anything. We ate in silence which was not at all comfortable, so I decided to break the ice.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked.

"Anything"

"Don't you have to go home?"

"I don't think so otherwise John would have called."

"Oh okay."

"Your home is really nice."

"Thanks."

"Did you do these paintings?" she asked looking at the paintings hanging on the living hall.

"Yup." I back-hugged her, "Let me update you about me, I am a painter." I whispered in her ears.

"What," she shouted while turning around.

"Hmm - hmm"

"How come I didn't know?" She pouted.

"You never asked," I replied.

"It's so beautiful." she started gazing at the paintings with astonishment. Now the paintings were worth making seeing her expressions.

"What are you painting now? I want to see."